brake hoses w/ 13" cobra PBR brakes on a 94 GT

rockin_rick

Oct 9, 2003
I am looking to get some premade DOT legal steel braided brake lines for my 94 GT with the 13" dual piston PBR caliper front setup from the cobra and OEM GT rear brakes. They sell different hose sets for the 94-95 cobra, 94-95 GT, and 96-98 (01) cobra and I am wondering what the difference is between those 3. The 13" cobra PBR setup is the same between the 94-95 cobra's and the 96-98 (96-01?)(96-03?), correct?

Summit sells a kit from Russell (RUS-693030) for 94-95 cobras with the 2 fronts and the rear center hose for $71.88. They also have RUS-693170 for 96-01 cobra front only which is $59.88. Will either of these work on my 94 GT? For only $11.00 more, I might just as well get the rear center hose, if it fits. I don't see why the rear center hose would be different between the 94-95 GT and the 94-95 cobra, but could be. Any known problems with Russell brake lines?

Does anyone have any info on any of this??

Rick

• Sponsors (?)

Subscribing too. I bought the cobra brakes a while back from the partshopper here in stangnet. They never sent the lines and when I asked them again to send they didn't and Ive called 3 times about it. So I gave up and was wondering the same thing because braided lines are so much better then the stock stuff.

I purchased the Russel 94/95 Cobra front lines for my Bullitt brakes... minus the rear line... I left that stock... Also, make sure you get the proper Banjo Bolts for your car.. You need either the Cobra specific banjo bolts (which the Ford Dealer will never find the part number for), or call your chevy dealer and ask for Banjo bolts for a ZR1 vette... They are the same piece.. I ended getting mine there, because the four Ford dealers I called, couldn't come up with the correct part number....

Killer95Stang said:
I purchased the Russel 94/95 Cobra front lines for my Bullitt brakes... minus the rear line... I left that stock... Also, make sure you get the proper Banjo Bolts for your car.. You need either the Cobra specific banjo bolts (which the Ford Dealer will never find the part number for), or call your chevy dealer and ask for Banjo bolts for a ZR1 vette... They are the same piece.. I ended getting mine there, because the four Ford dealers I called, couldn't come up with the correct part number....

How much did those 2 bolts cost you?

Rick

Here's a pic of the Russel 693030 kit intended for 94-95 Cobra along with the 2 front hoses I received with the $399 Cobra front brake kit I purchased from PPI. The are the same length, have matching thread ends, and the caliper ends look fine.

Rick

Attachments

• russel kit.jpg
    russel kit.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 357
Here are some close-ups of the ends of the lines.

Notice that the left side and right side have a different thread size. I'm assuming that these will match up with the threads on my 94GT - Killer95Stang was this a problem? I wonder because the threads on the master cylinder are different between GT and Cobra and maybe the lines too???

The bolts that are on the rubber hoses are the ones I need, but I may get new ones if they are not too much. The bolts don't want to easily come out of the hoses since the washers ID is very tight on the threads. I'm concerned that unscrewing the washers off the threads might gall the threads. I could always cut them off with a Dremel, though. I think that the washers are copper, would they not hurt the threads then?

Rick

Attachments

• russel brake line front threads.jpg
    russel brake line front threads.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 353
  • russel brake line front blocks.jpg
    russel brake line front blocks.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 406