BRAKES (all you know who im talking too)

86GT-Top

Founding Member
Aug 26, 2002
Bergen County, NJ
If i buy this, this is the entire conversion kit for the 3-2 port, right? I'm only upgrading the front to 73mm Calipers, Caliper Sleeves, Braided Lines, Hawk pads, drilled slotted rotors. Just tell me if im goin at this right:

No Cut, No flare Conversion kits:

'94-98 V6/GT & 93 Cobra Kit $25.00* -- for use with the '94-98 V6/GT 1 1/16" bore vacuum boosted units and 93 Cobra 1" bore master cylinders. Best all around value for price, size and pedal feel with rear disc or drums and most all front calipers! Use the 93 Cobra for a softer pedal feel when running an aftermarket cam rather than the 94-98 GT/V6 unit.

So this is the conversion and all i need is the Master Cylinder from a 94-98 v6/gt or 93 cobra? which one do you all recommend? THANKS!

• Sponsors (?)

The '93 Cobra is a good choice for those calipers. Stick with solid rotors, there is absolutely no advantages of using drilled/slotted rotors on the stock brakes. They are just for looks, and they are much much more prone to cracking/warping. Save yourself the money.

ok so a 93 cobra M/C and that 2-3 conversion, i want stock mustang rotors right, i dont need different since there going with a bigger caliper do i?

4. *Upgrade the front calipers to 73mm SVO units.
Get the 73mm calipers with a steel piston if you can. They are usually denoted in the part numbers with a "S". If not the phonemic will work fine on the street. Get the calipers for a '91 Lincoln Mark VII for a direct bolt in (other 86-91 Lincoln's should all have the 73 mm calipers, 86-91 Crown Victorias and 84-86 SVO 4cyl Turbo Mustangs). Here are the part numbers the remanufactured Bendix parts:

I would need to buy pads for the caliper i bought (EG if i want with the 91 Lincoln Mark VII caliper, i need 91 Lincoln Mark VII pas) correct?

I reused my pads since they were still good. All you have to do is CAREFULLY bend the prongs on the back of the inside pad so it fits in the piston. If your rotors/pads are good, then just reuse them. The 73mm calipers are the same as the stock ones, except for the bigger piston so everything you have in the front now is reuseable, when you need to replace something, just use stock parts, like the rotors, and pads.

Thanks alot BlackFox, i was hoping one of u guys with your Brakes/Rims in your avatar would answer. So in 2 weeks i can put in my 3.73's (from 2.73's), a week after that a shift kit, and then the week after that brakes, a happy april for my car!!!

Mustang5L5 said:
Haha, is that what we are known as?
lol, i think so, i mean you see someone showing off something like that, then HOPEFULLY they know what there talking about. When your posing about brakes there should be a function that sends it directly to all of your guys computers and flashes on the screen, lol!