Bronco brakes

fordkid

May 28, 2007
Hey everyone, I have tried almost everything to figure this out except buy a chiltons manual. I have a 92 ford bronco that I recently got back to working condition THANKS TO YOU GUYS. now my front brakes are grinding. I figured no problem I can replace them. took the wheels off and was like how the heck do you get these things off. my bronco has auto locking hubs I see the cap on the end of it that has 5 or 6 screws. I took that off thinking it would free up the hub to move off but it didn't so how do I go about getting the hub off so I can get the rotors off. someone told me it might be a complete unit. From looking at it, it does kind of look like it's a complete unit. Has anyone on here done this before.

Thanks
Ford Kid

• Sponsors (?)

2 clips 1 on axle shaft round snap ring with 2holes or could be 3/4 round and flat than the 2nd is tiny and is locks on hub.you need 2 screwdrivers you need to pick at it to get it to pop than try to get behind it to pry out

Hey thanks, I found the retaining spring that was on the shaft it self. I had to push back the spring to get to it. once that came off the spring it self came off. then I found the other one behind that one that I needed two screw drivers for. then the peice of metal that, that spring was holding in slide out off of the shaft, but the whole rotor hub assembly won't move, there is still some kind of spring inside that I have no idea how to get it out or if I need to get it out. I hope I am making sence.

Thanks
Ford Kid