Build date/Delivery date/Any date....

zeindog

Oct 27, 2004
Hello everyone, this is my first post but I have been around for awhile reading different posts. I ordered my 05' Gt about 8 weeks ago and the dealer keeps telling me he has no date on anything let alone any broshures on the 05's. My question is, is the dealer just a deadbeat who doesnt want my business or are they so slammed at the plant that I cant even get a buid date? Anybody else been wating this long and not have any idea of when their car is going to be built? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

zeindog said:
Hello everyone, this is my first post but I have been around for awhile reading different posts. I ordered my 05' Gt about 8 weeks ago and the dealer keeps telling me he has no date on anything let alone any broshures on the 05's. My question is, is the dealer just a deadbeat who doesnt want my business or are they so slammed at the plant that I cant even get a buid date? Anybody else been wating this long and not have any idea of when their car is going to be built? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

I've had mine ordered for 7 weeks, got the vin and build date on the 5th week.supposed to get it next week sometime.
I would probably press a little harder with your sales person. They have the ability to call anytime to get you some info on it.

Then again hopefully its on it way and next time you call it's in....

Good luck.

zeindog said:

Hi man.....
my info..
Order 10-18
Build week of 12-6
as of last night....On a carivan carrier...delivery date ..next week

About 8 -8 1/2 weeks for me.

I have posted this before....But it helps sooooo.....here it is again.

For any one who wants to know how to track:

you need this # 1-800-962-3746

dealer code: in top right corner of order form..5 digits..letter not needed

body code :gt coupe is T82 ...v6 coupe is T80

Order #: top left of order form....mine was 4 digits no letters.....could use vin. if you have it complete.

Model year: 2005

note: this is for dealers only(ha ha). you can speak to the automated system or a person if needed.....like I said ..remember dealers only.

These #s are on your DORA (dealer order recipt acknoledgement) ask for a copy if you don't have one.
Or they are on your order form.

You can use the automated system to track your order.

Dealers are a pain....Good luck.

zeindog said:

11 weeks buddy! Yep, been 11 weeks for me. I have no VIN or anything just a DORA sheet. I am now trying to get my deposit back so I can buy elsewhere. The dealer was suppose to call me today and let me know if they were going to refund my deposit. But they never called :shrug: If they dont, well then I may have to continue to wait :mad: Ugh!!!!

Ordered:10/26
build date: 12/6
temp delay
new build date: 12/20 as of 11/20
12/20 production locked in as of 12/13

I use that info given above all the time nice to not have to deal with the dealer, not that mine has done anything wrong, just nice to be able to call any time of the day or night