build sheet for my 90' SSP

Jarrett

May 16, 2010
Seattle
so i finally got a garage and a house, rough times living in apartments are over, for the time being anyway (construction worker) but anyway, i dd'ed my car to jobsites for 2 years then spent the last two 2 years sitting outside rarely driven in washington weather. car is currently stripped and im fixing a lot of surface rust and i am finally sitting down and doing a build sheet for what i want out of my SSP notch. i basically want a badass street car i can drive to the strip.

I dont have too much welding experience, just welded a couple of exhaust systems. i have a hobart 120. i was wondering about the wolfe roll cages. how hard is it to install without it jig notched? if i cut the joint with a hole saw too short and ad new section of pipe would a track insector tell me to get out? im just cheap and rather not pay twice as much for the jig notched if i can do it myself. i also am going to attempt to reskin my rear quarter panel that i gotta cut and weld. i figure i will give this all a try and will probably be making plenty of post with pictures and questions and hope i dont eff anything up too bad:shrug:

also... will i have to change my cam? i was kinda hoping to just keep my longblock as is untill i can afford a built dart or boss block.

anyway heres my list soo far please feel free to add or suggest somthing different. i have about 2500 cash money and im gonna start with the roll cage and front suspension and paint/smooth engine bay and under car, then save for the rear.

wolfe thru floor subframe connectors $225
wolfe roll cage $420
upr torque box kit or make my own $80
paint undercaraige smooth engine bay $150
flaming river manual rack $220
team z k member kit $740
team z bumpsteer kit $120
MM CC plates $250
MM strut tower brace 140
UPR pro series rear end kit $600
detroit locker $500
strange axels $500