Bullit Rims on Fox Body ENTER HERE

anyone who has bullit rims on a fox body i need some info. im buying a 88 notch and am going to put these rims on the car. what all do i need to do to upgrade to the 5 lug pattern. i know im going to have to do the SN95 conversion up front but in the back what do i do??? im giong to stay with drum in the rear. please i need some info. anyone who has done this let me know. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

91gt5.0 said:
anyone who has bullit rims on a fox body i need some info. im buying a 88 notch and am going to put these rims on the car. what all do i need to do to upgrade to the 5 lug pattern. i know im going to have to do the SN95 conversion up front but in the back what do i do??? im giong to stay with drum in the rear. please i need some info. anyone who has done this let me know. thanks
Unfortunately, I don't think you CAN stay with rear drum with a 5-lug setup. At MustangsUnlimited.com, they sell rear conversion kits including all necessary parts for about $1400.

You can stay with 5 lug for the rear. It is a FRPP (Ford Racing Performance Part). The Part No is: FMM1126A. It includes the axles and drums. Apparently it use the stock size gear, so there is no need to get a new master cylinder. There is also a front kit that converts to 5 lug and uses all the four lug gear. The front Part no is: FMM1102C. Brothers has them, front is $209.99 and rear is $229.99.
You can probably get them cheaper online. Hope this helps.

Later,

Mo' Town :flag:

If you want to stick with drums in the rear than it's the simplest swap in the world. Just get a driver side axle out of an 80's ranger and the passenger side axle out of an aerostar van. Get 9 inch drums off of either one of the 2 vehicles and swap them out for your old axles and put the new drum covers on. It very simple, thats what I did for now untill I can afford to put discs in the back....

HaggardGT said:
Unfortunately, I don't think you CAN stay with rear drum with a 5-lug setup. At MustangsUnlimited.com, they sell rear conversion kits including all necessary parts for about $1400.

If you dont think it can, go here:

1989 GT with Bullitt Rims

This whole swap cost me less that $1000, which includes Wheels and Tires. The wheels look AWESOME on this car. I get compliments all the time!

Post it you have any questions! :nice:

Finally, someone that wants to be different like me. Here is an article that I actually found on this web site for this very subject.

5 lug conversion

415844_6_full.jpg

415844_9_full.jpg

There isn't many possibilities for wheels for the 4 lug. Everyone around here is running chrome cobra r's I wanted something different. The conversion is easy.Hope this helps.

Dammit Pro, I want those wheels... hehe well I just added some SN95 spindles, etc... to my parts list. Hey I wonder if thr V6 spindles are the same as the GT models?

Boss, the v-6 spindles should be the same. The only ones that are different are the cobras, they support a larger rotor and caliper housing. More money and work for that summit conversion although it's nicer in the end.

PRO50SC said:
Boss, the v-6 spindles should be the same. The only ones that are different are the cobras, they support a larger rotor and caliper housing. More money and work for that summit conversion although it's nicer in the end.

Not true. All V6/GT/Cobras use the same spindles and hubs. They even all use the same 13" dust shield (take a look at the size of the sheild next time you see a GT/V6)

I have v6 spindles and Cobra 13" front brakes on my car. Trust me, the spindles are the same.

FYI. 94-95 spindles will keep the front track width the same as stock. 96-up spindles will push the wheels out 8mm each side

Mike, thanks for the info on the later model spindles. :cheers:

Don't go with the 5 lug coversion rotors and the stock spindles if you are planning on going with Bullett wheels. There isn't enough clearance in the nose of the wheel to support the height of the rotor. I know this from experience and you'll be sorry. Convert the front to the s-95. I bought the spindles, calipers and slides from a junk yard for $150.00. Cleaned and painted everything and you can't tell they were ever in the junk yard. :nice:

415844_9_full.jpg

Mustang5L5 said:
Not true. All V6/GT/Cobras use the same spindles and hubs. They even all use the same 13" dust shield (take a look at the size of the sheild next time you see a GT/V6)

I have v6 spindles and Cobra 13" front brakes on my car. Trust me, the spindles are the same.

FYI. 94-95 spindles will keep the front track width the same as stock. 96-up spindles will push the wheels out 8mm each side

Nice stang by the way. Really clean :hail2: