Bullitt instrument bezel - chrome or not?

Rickmaan1

May 18, 2005
I made an impulse buy the other day while shopping online for 'stang parts; I came across a dismantler/salvage yard that had an '08 Bullitt listed in inventory. I didn't start out with the intention of mimicking the Bullitt appearence, but knowing the 2 main interior differences the Bullitt has are the steering wheel and the dash trim, I figured "I already have the steering wheel, lets see what kind of deal I can get on the dash." The yard only had the instrument bezel left, but said it was in good shape and offered it at a fraction of what a dealer would want for it so I ordered it. It arrived today, and although it is undamaged and pretty clean, I was curious about the finish on the bezel that surrounds the speedo and tach. On my standard interior, that part is definitely a very shiny chrome, but on the Bullitt part that bezel is not as shiny. It's not quite a satin, but is somewhere between chrome and semi-gloss silver. Is that the way the dash is supposed to be on a Bullitt, or is it supposed to be chrome and the shine has just worn down?

• Sponsors (?)