Bullitt suspension kit, Anyone have it on their stang???

Donny

Something about a big schlong...I can't remember.
Founding Member
Feb 10, 2002
The PoorHouse
I am leaning toward the Bullitt suspension kit for my stang, I can get it from Summit for $410.00 dollars they were the cheapest I could find.

I have researched all types of shocks and struts for my stang and this seems to be the best bang for my buck.

The kit includes,

Tokico performance struts
Tokico performance shocks
Ford Racing C springs
Front performance swaybar
Rear performance swaybar

I am also thinking about getting some spring isolators and the Energy Suspension Hyperflex complete bushing kit w/ transmission mount to replace all my old bushings while I am down there that kit sells for $199.95 at summit.

Does this sound like a good set-up??

Is there anything I am leaving out or need that I should get along with these parts???????

Hopefully this will put some of the comfort back into my ride cause her ride quaility has gotten pretty rough!!!!

Donny :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I'm sure it's a good kit, because Ford put it together to be matched. It's fairly conservative -- closer to stock (softer, taller, etc) than most aftermarket setups. But I think it's a good option for the money, if you're not interested in sacrificing ride quality for better handling.

Summit isn't the cheapest most of the time, but in this case they probably are, because they don't (usually) charge shipping... and this is a pretty heavy item. Speedconcepts has it for $390 + $48 shipping.

Might want to check out the Mach I shocks & struts, I got mine for under $200 and they are the same or very close to the Bullit S&S's. Along with some used Bullit springs, caster camber plates & 03 Cobra A arms all told for app $350. Must better than the 120k miles stockers..

Give me a day and I will post the link I found for either a Bullit or Mach 1 kit I found. New parts and it was cheaper than what you have posted. I am at a firehouse and won't be home until tomorrow. I am thinking of getting it also. Only thing missing off your list was a set of control arms... your are probably VERY worn out by now. I know mine are. (95GT 125K)

Thanks guys for all the info!!!

Tom C, Thanks I'll have to check out my control arms I didn't even think of them going bad!!!!!!!!

94CobraPace, I was thinking about the Mach I shocks & struts I'll have to look into them more and see how cheap I can get them.

Donny

Me either until I put the big hawg tires on my rear end and kept getting a rub, even after the quads were flipped. Rear end sways WAY too much! :) My plan is to replace the control arms (Granatelli Weight Jacker Lowers adn Adjustable Uppers, both with 3 piece poly bushings) then look into the springs and struts. Finally a panhard bar to finish it off if needed. I'll have that link for you tomorrow.

If handling had a nice even number value like power does (HP), it would have a similar HP to $ ratio of gears. For the money you spend on that package, you will be extremely happy with how your car rides. If you are using your car primarily as a "race" car then it probably isnt for you. But for a daily driver, its hard to beat. Its not an extremely smooth ride so if thats what you want, you may want to look at something else. It does offer good feedback however...very solid. Also, if you are looking to get a BMW look on your wheel wells, this will not do that. However it will take out about an inch or so. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I've heard and seen different drops with the same kit.

Good luck.

All of the above, obviously are incredible systems. But maybe overkill on the street and much more expensive. You really dont need all that unless you want to adjust ride height often or take your car to the track fairly regularly or want a huge drop. Or, you just have a lot of money to burn. :)

And yes, roughly, soft rides equal little performance. A softer ride is made by absorbing energy created by your car. The more energy your put to the road and the less you absorb the more you will be able to get from the road.

Thanks fellas for all the replies!!

It sounds like the bullitt kit will work just fine for my needs!!!

My other question I have for you all is do I need the caster camber plates right now or could those hold off till later as I get more money saved up??

Also do I need anything else like ball joints or bushings cause of the 1 inch drop the kit claims to have or is that something that can wait till later????

Donny

To be honest...the Bullitt kit kinda puts you on that fine line of needing camber plates, bushings and all that other stuff. The drop is not tremendous but it is almost enough. When I had my Bullitt suspension I did not use anything. The camber was within range when I took it to get the alignment checked but overtime the insides of my tires did wear a tad bit quicker.