Buying a 4" Cowl hood, where to go?

Killer50stang

May 11, 2004
I currently have a cobra "R" cinnci hood and it's ugly and lines up like my moms butt on a saturday night. I'm going to a 4" cowl due to my super charger setup (carb). I have 3" rise now and I figure 4" will put me in the clear, plus it's not insanely huge. Who sells a good 4" cowl that will line up great? I DO NOT want a 2" gap or any gap between my bumper and hood and I want it to line up on the fenders near perfect. Any suggestions? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I have a Cobra R on my 90' from Cervini, and it looks great and lines up well. From experience, I've recieved what I paid for. Good luck....

GTJAMMER

P.S. You really like those tall cowls, or do you not have a choice cause' of the blower?

GTJAMMER said:
I have a Cobra R on my 90' from Cervini, and it looks great and lines up well. From experience, I've recieved what I paid for. Good luck....

GTJAMMER

P.S. You really like those tall cowls, or do you not have a choice cause' of the blower?

Yeah, that's where I got my Stalker front bumper, but I don't think they sell a 4" cowl.

Harwood does make VERY GOOD quality. Although you have to sand it to fit it but you can fit it perfect to your car and the molds are very clean!

I had the 2 1/2" hood on my old GT. Here's a couple shots.
581377_40_full.jpg

581377_41_full.jpg

Paulywalnuts446 said:
here. it wasnt painted or fitted to the car yeat but u get an idea. b/c with this hood u cant just bolt it on it has to be fitted.

Where did you get that hood? Looks good. by fitting, you mean sanding it? Do you add glass to fit the gap?

www.HOFibertrends.com

Only cowl hood i'll ever buy...i've ran 3 of them. Top notch quality...i'll even say as good/better than cervini(which i've had a couple of their R hoods for foxes and wasn't too impressed considering all the hype over the years).

They designed the original 95 R hood.

Jason

Stang89LXCPE said:
345 for a hood is not that bad of a price for a quality hood. Look in MMFF....Cervini's was 399. they bumped their prices....400 is about the going rate for a decent hood.

OH well, I noticed that. I'm selling my other one, so that'll help.

NoSlo90 said:
www.HOFibertrends.com

Only cowl hood i'll ever buy...i've ran 3 of them. Top notch quality...i'll even say as good/better than cervini(which i've had a couple of their R hoods for foxes and wasn't too impressed considering all the hype over the years).

They designed the original 95 R hood.

Jason

Thanks man you were right. I gave them a call. I be driving there since I live in ohio and save the $$ on shipping. Sounds like a nice guy. Sounds like I won't have to modify the hood.