C-4 N/S Switch

NOVIDLX

Mar 29, 2003
Southeast
I recently switched from an AOD to a c-4, and i'm trying to wire up the neutral safety switch. Does anyone know what wires are what. I know i'm going to have to hard-wire this, and the color codes would help a great deal.

Thanks in advance
Doug

• Sponsors (?)

when putting in a new AOD in my bronco I had to hard wire the N/S switch since the shift rod inside the new trans was the wrong one.

I took the aod harness and just took a 2inch lengh of wire and my haynes man. and looked at the diagram. I found the hot wire that powers the switch, and them had to find the starter one. One would enguage the starter and not shut if off and one would allow you to start and the starter would shut off (like normal). I jumped to the one that allowed the starter to shut off. These two were next to one another in the harness. I spliced the wire to gether and now the truck starts in any gear so watch out, but works fine.

Sorry to interrupt your post but, when you installed your C4 did you have to do anything special to get it hooked up to the motor? I'm considering running my c4 while building my AOD up (might take a little while $$). The car had a c4 stock so the wiring and tranny mount will all be the same. Just need to know if the flywheel and all that good stuff will work and if my c4 starter will work. Thanks
P.s. if you want you can post in my other thread...