cabin air filter

mustangdave

My rearend needs a stud and two nuts.
Founding Member
Feb 26, 2002
North Carolina
Just adding a note for this how to thread on replacing the cabin air filter since I just did mine. The two screws did not release when unscrewed so I had to pinch the plastic pins together to remove them. For the one behind the battery I used some needle nose pliers.
Also, the pin that fits at the edge of the hood was broken or I broke it pulling up so be careful there. The car has 15,000 miles on it and had quite a bit of dirt/dust in it. Here is the link to the how-to from a previous poster( Should be a sticky).
http://forums.stangnet.com/784797-2006-mustang-gt-cabin-air-filter.html

• Sponsors (?)

why not just add a reply in that thread? :shrug:

i need to get going on the backlog of articles i need to complete. that is one of them. :( wideband, roush rear sway relocation, etc. list is gettin longer and longer.

On a second note does anyone know if there is a Fram filter with Arm & Hammer baking soda for our cars? Houston is not one of the prettiest smelling cities in the U.S. (especially in 100+ degree weather like we're having) so I'd like that edge if at all possible.

EDIT: I used their site and they do it's called Freshbreeze Part Number CF10370 I think I need to get one mine has about 26K miles on it :)

On a second note does anyone know if there is a Fram filter with Arm & Hammer baking soda for our cars? Houston is not one of the prettiest smelling cities in the U.S. (especially in 100+ degree weather like we're having) so I'd like that edge if at all possible.

EDIT: I used their site and they do it's called Freshbreeze Part Number CF10370 I think I need to get one mine has about 26K miles on it :)

Sweet. Thanks for the hook up. I haven't even checked my cabin air filter, but maybe I should.

Just replaced mine today. Motorcraft p/n FP-53. Purolator has one too. Push up the center pin of the each of the 2 fasteners with the tip of a pen knife, pull it out. Comes straight up, then remove the larger part by pulling straight up. Be sure to clean the drain at the bottom of the plenum. Mine was full of leaves.