CAI: Are they worth it?

ZeroCulture said:
thats why you dont buy the cheap plastic ones ... go for the MAC Kit ... it fits, works, and sounds awesome. It's also nice and shiny.

Here's Mine...

IMG_0021.jpg

The mac CAI looks good IMO. I got it too. But it was a mistake. You wont really gain anything , just bling for about $189 :nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

Wait, so are you saying I can take out my stock MAF housing and put a new one in that little box thing and it will still fit? I don't think it can with that airbox still there. I wanted the MAC intake orginally because I was getting it along with a 73mm MAF housing and exhaust to match. It all would cost me 620 bucks. I think thats a good deal? maybe not?

tack said:
It's amazing how much your 200 dollar mac CAI looks just like my 39 dollar ebay CAI. :banana:

i was gonna type that same statement. i say an ebay CAI is worth is, mine was $40 shipped, shiny, sounds cool, maybe added some hp, works great, filters air and EVERYTHING :nice:

and for worked v6:
"what makes a man, is it the woman in his arms
just cause she has big titties
or is it the way, he fights everyday
... no its probly the titties"

Stangfanatic98 said:
Wait, so are you saying I can take out my stock MAF housing and put a new one in that little box thing and it will still fit? I don't think it can with that airbox still there. I wanted the MAC intake orginally because I was getting it along with a 73mm MAF housing and exhaust to match. It all would cost me 620 bucks. I think thats a good deal? maybe not?

$620!!!!!! I think you are getting ripped.

I don't know exactly what style cia you are reffering to in the first post but......

if it is the fenderwell type, I have heard of the bend that goes right before the MAF throwing off the counts becouse when the air hits the maf it is still trying to turn. that is why the factory air box is shaped the way it is.

if it is the type where the filter just bolts to the MAF and hands out in the engine compartment, the ambient temps under the hould could cause you to run crappy at lower speeds

NUTCASE said:
$620!!!!!! I think you are getting ripped.

I don't know exactly what style cia you are reffering to in the first post but......

if it is the fenderwell type, I have heard of the bend that goes right before the MAF throwing off the counts becouse when the air hits the maf it is still trying to turn. that is why the factory air box is shaped the way it is.

if it is the type where the filter just bolts to the MAF and hands out in the engine compartment, the ambient temps under the hould could cause you to run crappy at lower speeds

I'm not buying it..waste of money. And this thread is quite aged. I'd just like a smooth inlet tube if i could ever find one...