CAI-how loud is the actual sucking sound??

I ved had my CAi for a few months now...and when people talk about their CAI in the forums they always talk about the sucking sound it makes??? I mean when i drive around with my car...i barley hear anything coming from my CAI...i dunno...is there something lose on my CAI that not all the air is coming through???? IF the sucking sound is loud does anyone have a audio clip for me to hear???

• Sponsors (?)

huskerpower02 said:
Do you have the tha CAI that goes into the fender? If i gave you a clip of mine it would be worthless due to the fact that oyu cant hear it over my exhaust.

-Drew
what other way is it set up??? Im sure it is set up like ures??? so even if your are reving your engine you can hear the sucking sound...i barely hear mine when i drive at high speed or when i drive in high rpms. I dunno maybe i need to tighten up something or like i said hir is not going in properly.

98CobraClone said:
It's not very loud at all. You'll definitely not have the sound of, say, a blowoff valve. It's just a minor "whoosh" right as you tromp the throttle

Ya, dont expect a really really loud noise. I was reffering to ones that just have a pipe and a big filter....then it wouldnt be a CAI would it....ok im an idiot. But anyway, i cant hear mine at high rpms either. I dont think anyone can. But if you rev it and punch it real quick when your driving you should hear a whoosing noise.

-Drew

What I noticed the most on my CAI is that sometimes it sounds like it sounds when the shower is on in the other room...the sound of water running through a wall...I guess thats the best way to describe it. On mine, it's not too constant

98CobraClone said:
It's not very loud at all. You'll definitely not have the sound of, say, a blowoff valve. It's just a minor "whoosh" right as you tromp the throttle

mine does that little "whoosh" and all i did was remove the air silencer, i've been thinking about getting a CAI. But is it a waste of money? I'm not going to spend a bunch of money for a couple horse power, especially on a V6, my goal is to have a powerfull, (for a V6 anyway) car for not a whole lot of money.

I have a k&n air intake. It's not located in the fender, but right behind the headlight. (Big advantage track night if u take out the headlight.) Around 2,000-3,500 rpm, if I hit the gas it makes a noticeable whistle noise.

As far as whether you hooked it up correctly or not; maybe you could reinstall it and make sure everything is tight with no leaks. Also, why not email the maker on this issue? Who makes your cai?

heres a silly question, but will the K&N filter i got for my V6 fit on one of them ebay CAI's? i see most of them air filters have like, a bit of a lip to tioghten the hose around. the K& N doesnt that i could see.

thanks.

Nate

Nates02V6 said:
heres a silly question, but will the K&N filter i got for my V6 fit on one of them ebay CAI's? i see most of them air filters have like, a bit of a lip to tioghten the hose around. the K& N doesnt that i could see.

thanks.

Nate

No.

Drop-in filters do not clamp on to a CAI tube. They are made to sit in your stock air box only.