CAI Options... JLT II or Fram O2 Boost

jberylec

Dec 22, 2004
I've searched and read all the threads, seems like JLT II is what I'll probably get (2nd up in the shoot out!) but.......

Why hasn't anyone mentioned/reviewed the FRAM O2 Boost CAI kit for our cars?? www.framboost.com

I first heard of these a couple weeks ago at the NHRA Top Fuel Summer Nationals, Fram is a big sponsor. I saw their kits on some trucks and other cars there on display and absolutely love the material they're made of, good quality! Instead of a bunch of pipes and rubber hoses clamped together, it looks like it's all one molded piece.

So anyhow, I just checked out their website and sure enough they do make one for our cars, but the picture on there is just a general one shown for all the Mustang makes. Anyone have any pictures of these? Experience? Thoughts?

Looks promising! :)

• Sponsors (?)

jberylec said:
I've searched and read all the threads, seems like JLT II is what I'll probably get (2nd up in the shoot out!) but.......

Why hasn't anyone mentioned/reviewed the FRAM O2 Boost CAI kit for our cars?? www.framboost.com

I first heard of these a couple weeks ago at the NHRA Top Fuel Summer Nationals, Fram is a big sponsor. I saw their kits on some trucks and other cars there on display and absolutely love the material they're made of, good quality! Instead of a bunch of pipes and rubber hoses clamped together, it looks like it's all one molded piece.

So anyhow, I just checked out their website and sure enough they do make one for our cars, but the picture on there is just a general one shown for all the Mustang makes. Anyone have any pictures of these? Experience? Thoughts?

Looks promising! :)
I just checked out, the Fram boost website..And here are my thoughts..According to their dyno chart, the max HP. increase was @ 12.5 HP. If you compare that with the JLT II, which according to the 5.0 Cold air shootout, was rated @ close to an increase of 29 HP. The Fram boost, doesn't even come within striking distance, compared to the JLT II..Yep, looks real promising alright..What a joke :rlaugh:

The JLT II numbers are with the intake PLUS a tune!
If the Fram site is quoting numbers without a tune, then of coarse that can't be compared :)

I didnt see anywhere on the Fram Boost website saying no tune needed. In fact, it probably does require one.

If the intake is anything like I saw on display and on example cars/trucks at the NHRA event, then this thing is monsterous! That's why I asked for real world reviews. I wish their site had some actual photos and some details on the specific Mustang version of the product. Thats the spot where they'd say something like "computer recalibration required" etc etc

I'd much rather run this Fram system just on looks alone, but I'm hoping it requires a tune, I'll go with it and SCT Xcal 2! I wouldn't waste my time on a "no-tune" CAI, I know better than that, ha! Should have been more clear in first post :)

I tried googling it, but there's not much out there about this thing yet, still too new I imagine...

I'll put it this way, if that 12.5 HP is with a tune..Then the Fram boost, is even more pathetic, than I originally believed..But if their website, doesn't indicate that a tune is required..You can pretty much assume, that it's without a retune.. Pretty much in the same way, as their Fram Airhog, or whatever they call that thing..Now I'm even more thankful, for going with my Steeda..In fact, it's just been upgraded, with an intake tube which is almost identical, to the C&L racer intake...I should be getting it, no later than Tuesday of next week.. Anyway, here's a link to the pic...
inlet_tube_550.jpg