California carb numbers?

• Sponsors (?)

what part are you curious about? if the mfr claims that it is 50 state smog legal then they have a CARB sticker/ EO number. it should be prominently listed on the part itself or come with the kit as a metallic sticker.

call them up and ask them if their plenum is CARB approved :)

honestly, it looks almost exactly like the stock plenum. you probably don't have anything to worry about.
i have the C & L which looks nothing like the stock plenum and i am not worried. i'll just swap it out next year with the stock unit when i get smogged.

The problem is I live in Santa Barbara and right now in the city of Goleta they are pulling everything over that looks modified ( cars, trucks, whatever) and making people pop their hoods. If the cops think that anything is changed they are sending people to the state ref and writing them a ticket. They are letting a few people off if the have all of the carb stickers on the parts that were changed. Basically they are trying to raise money for a few months and pissing everyone off.

4.6 Rocket said:
The problem is I live in Santa Barbara and right now in the city of Goleta they are pulling everything over that looks modified ( cars, trucks, whatever) and making people pop their hoods. If the cops think that anything is changed they are sending people to the state ref and writing them a ticket. They are letting a few people off if the have all of the carb stickers on the parts that were changed. Basically they are trying to raise money for a few months and pissing everyone off.
bummer dude :( i'm sorry to hear that. to be honest i doubt accufab has CARB certification. but i'd call or email them just to be sure. just leave the stocker on there for a few months till everything quiets down...do you have any other mods that would make your car seem modified?

thats a really good idea, and the cops won't be any wiser :)

see we rarely have stuff like that happen to us down here so i feel pretty safe, even when i get cams and a supercharger and all that :)

lol no way in hell you'll pass unless you know a "friendly" smog shop. you should have just gotten the catted x. then you at least have some kind of chance to pass with 2 cats on there.

ya, im in goleta too, and the one smog shop i had heard would pass anything isnt anymore. they passed my buddies 78 trans am for like $300, and when i went there with my totally legit 81 ltd they failed it cause they said that it didnt have a "timing indicator"

bdcardinal said:
o, you need the stock H pipe in order to pass, nothing else has a CARB EO, actually you must have the stock cats, all of them in order to pass if the car is 96+
well the magnaflow catted x has 2 cats and WILL pass the sniffer, or so they say, BUT it doesn't have the original amount of cats (4 in my case), so i'm going to just hope that they don't look, and if they fail my car i can either weld 2 gutted cats up there or swap back in the stock H pipe.