Call me crazy....

WarPig53J

Oct 4, 2005
I've been having these wierd ideas for a super-sleeper mustang. Here's what I had in mind...Picture it
Flat black with black steel wheels and dog dishes
No tailpipes/2.3 badges
Big ol' N/A 2850 stroker
4.30's and T-lock
Giant cam
Fogger nozzles plumbed into the underside of the lower intake runners.
---Whatcha'll think?:jaw:

• Sponsors (?)

Maybe something to build over time eh? In my opinion, hopping up cars in general isn't cost effective, but hey it's all in fun right? Most people dump a few grand into thier cars to make them fast don't they? I'd just like to see some crazy stuff like that

can you really make a sleeper mustang? especially when its blacked out with a noisey motor, and nitro purge system? not to mention the thing will prolly sound like a dirt bike......i guess it would be a cool car for some ricer idiot, but he wouldn't like it because you cant do burnouts using the e-brake in a mustang, although that motor would prolly have a hard time doing burnouts anyhow with the "giant cam" and its lack of TQ.

Willy i dont know about that. 2 guys down south used a ranger motor with ported head,gears,5spd and 2 fogger nozzles and ran 13.1-13.2 at 103. That car look sleeper to me.
I've ponder'd the idea of doing this,but i will have a tail pipe for sure. It can be fast at the same time loud and cost some money,but yes sleeper indeed
My combo was going to be
2.3 turbo bottom end
Complete head work/with a nice roller cam
4 nitrous foggers
My work'd 500cfm carb
My c4 setup/with a 3000 convertor....may be to high, still thinking
along with my suspension and fuel setup.
We'll see what happens this month

Well it's far from a sleeper now I think but MikeSVO had probaly the best sleeper out here. It cost him about 2600.00 to build including buying the car and motor.The car was a junk 87 stang that looked like death on wheels and needed a motor. It ended up running mid 12's I think after Mike got a hold of it. That car is/was probaly way more quite than what you're talking about doing. The cars that dude killed and left the owners scratching their heads is probaly endless. I remember watching one of his 12 second passes beating a FireHawk. The sick thing was, almost every part was bought out of a U-pull it yard :nice: Now the last time I heard from Mike, he was putting a fiber glass front end on it and actually going to paint the car. His goal was to run an 11 second pass with her. I would post a link but his site isn't working.

PS that was without nitrous and using an 88' TC 2.3T.

Ray

My old set up in a 87 notch was pretty quick for being cheap. Had a total of $1000 in all used parts. 88 turbocoupe motor,stock 2.3 5spd,3"exhaust with turn down[never again]3:73 in a 8.8,5 lug conversion with prostars,18psi with no porting at all. I was able to stomp the hell out of a trans am[auto] from a 1st gear roll. I was trapping 100mph with a 2.599 60' on 235 street tires and mid 14's[this car would lay down rubber lol]. Now with slicks thats a low 13 second car.
My heavy ass 86 turbocoupe[156,xxx miles] with 5spd,18psi,3"exhaust,stock gears,and ic with welds wa running [email protected] with a 2.0 60'
So yes it is cheaper to swap a turbocoupe motor,but if you have the money for s**t and giggles nitrous would be fun to try on a built n/a motor