calling all convertible guys....

stackz

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2001
atlanta, ga & charleston, sc
I know this is more tech related by I figured since it wasnt engine, I could post it here:

the top on my 95 gt vert that I bought hasnt worked in ages according to the previous owner. I pulled the back seat as well as the inner quarter trim panels and the mach 460 speaker system and started troubleshooting.

I added in 3/4 quart of dextron II fluid to the pump as it was actually functioning when I would use the switch. So after filling/bleeding the system for 2 hours, the top actually started working somewhat but I noticed out of both cylinders when I would stop and hold it I could see bubbling out of the tops of the cylinders (just a little) so I assumed the cylinders are bad.

anyway, had to manually pull the top up in order to get at the star bolts at the top of them which sucked because it forced all the fluid I put in the system...out and into the rear seat floorboard area

but here's my question. I pulled a cylinder/motor assembly out of a 96 v6 vert in the u-pull yard and on that motor as well, it states to refill with dextron II fluid but when I pulled the hose nuts off on the top cylinders on that setup, I got a clear liquid that smells like hydraulic fluid or brake fluid. what should I do about this?? should I try to find a way to drain the cylinders so I dont mix two fluids??

• Sponsors (?)