Cam Differences (Stage I & II)

im running custom blower cams stage 1 without the blower now. honestly, ill prolly be runnin them for another 2 years without the blower. hopefully they are ok. i was told that it really wont hurt anything but i really dont know.

my power is great for blower cams. however i compaired my dyno to hotmustangs and although he only seems to me making 2 more rwhp, that is not true.

that is just peak. he does better then powerwise at the lower rpms. that is where the blower cams hurt while n/a. for example he might have been 4 rwhp stronger then me at 3000 rpm, 10rwhp stronger at 3500rmp, but then we were even at 4000rpm and so on. so the blower cams will hurt now.

i just hope they will pay off.

stage2 will be worse at lower rpm but your peak numbers will be nice.

• Sponsors (?)

my .02 is if you going to add boost in the future put in blower cams. you will only lose a bit of HP over N/A cams. on the flip side n/a cams can cause issues on boosted cars depending on the specs.

I would personally do stage II cams. I like an old school rough idle. You should run springs with new cams anyway. you will need a tune for cams. you car will most likely not idle the best even with stage I even though your air fuel may be acceptable.

hotmustang try to post up a clear graph if you can. i think the one i was looking at that you posted was real blurry or small i cant remember. i know that you were higher then me through the power band, thats why i always said that you had the edge in the hp department. ill try to post a clear one too so we can compare.

i had a ton of pulls last time as they had a problem tuning. i cant find my very best numbers but this one is very close.

scanning it in my computer the tq side got cut off but the numbers were in the same spots so 300 hp=300 tq. sorry!

o6k39z.jpg
[/IMG]

so i went over them again, did you? what did you find?

it seems to me not to be as bad as i thought. when i saw your first graph a long time ago i couldnt read it too good.

so heres what i can make out: you have the advantage at the lower 3000 rpm by about 5 hp and 9 tq. then 3500-4000 looks you have just a couple over me. 4500-5000 it seems i actually have couple hp more then you(am i reading that right?)

then the upper 5500-6000 you get the +5 hp over me again and some tq.

expected from my cams, actually i expected worse. anyway we are both making good power:nice:

whats are you going to do to put you over 300 next, intake?

Yea, thats what it looked like to me also lol. It seems I only got you a HAIR from 3-4K...and then a final little 2HP bump at the very end. I say the engines are dead even :shrug:. My run was in 6X * weather too, so that may have gave the 2HP gain.

We both have some wicked strong N/A 2Vs :D. What are we in the 1ish% of N/A 2V mustangs making 290+ RWHP?

stage 2 will give you the 300hp but im not sure if they will actually make your car run quicker. since you lose power lower in the power band but gain a higher peak number at the hight of the rpm range you would have to gain a significant amount up top to end up faster.

i guess you do gain enough on top to make a car faster with stage 2's then 1's but i really dont know.

i liked the fact that id have a good mid range with the stage 1.