cam help please.

SMOKEDYA

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 13, 2003
Tucson AZ
So a 91 5.0 stock block,AFR 185 58CC heads,1.6 crane gold rollor rockers,4r70w trans,3.55 gears,OEM ported 93 cobra intake,24# or 60# injectors,75mm accufab tb...... so what cam and MAF? peace

john

• Sponsors (?)

Yes but ported to which gasket set?

are you planning on running 24 OR 60# injectors?

is boost in your future?
As i can see its ported to the upper lower gasket, or should i say extrude honed? I'm going to port the lower to heads as well just not sure when?Yes i'm adding a 76mm turbo to it also and have a ed curtis cam for that.For now i wanna run N/A with my set us i'm asking about.Then when i pull the motor do the engine bay i will either put the turbo on it or if my 351 is done will install that. AS of now i just want opinions of a NA cam for the combo.

Well my 1rst suggestion would be another custom grind from Ed Curtis. Can't beat part-matched setups.
Maybe a tfs 3 if you don't wanna pay for a custom
But that intake is going to be really restricting on that set-up, even if heavily ported.

John, did you get rid of the red car?

So you have the AFR 185 on a stock piston...so clearance will be an issue unless you flycut. Youll have the depth, but youll lack radial clearance with the 2.02" valve so you have to be careful, duration is critcial.

With the proper duration will it clear the piston ,without fly cutting them? That was also a concern for me and i was going to check before i bolt it all together....peace

john:cool:

John, did you get rid of the red car?

So you have the AFR 185 on a stock piston...so clearance will be an issue unless you flycut. Youll have the depth, but youll lack radial clearance with the 2.02" valve so you have to be careful, duration is critcial.

I should've keyed in on that-stock block...man, that's not gonna be much room at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In NA form the cobra intake will be fine, it will hinder peak hp numbers with the turbo but will make decent power and a lot of torque.

For NA with the above combo I like this cam 35-552-8 .512/.512 212/224 114... "should" clear, but youll still have to check.

With boost Id do my own custom cam and a Holley Systemax intake......

In NA form the cobra intake will be fine, it will hinder peak hp numbers with the turbo but will make decent power and a lot of torque.

For NA with the above combo I like this cam 35-552-8 .512/.512 212/224 114... "should" clear, but youll still have to check.

With boost Id do my own custom cam and a Holley Systemax intake......
Ok i'm just doing a N/A motor for now with the 302 till i can figure out if i'm going to stroke this 351 or go and get a rollor block so i dont have to convert this one to roller. What cam part number is that threw rick? Also with the 351 i should ditchmy trick flow R (not box r) and get the system max? Didnt know they made a system max for a 351?