Cams

myponyrocks said:
Any one have a guestimation on what a proper ammount of time would be for a cam install? I got a few quotes a while back but 12 hours was one and 9 the other, I would think no more than 6? And more likely around 3-4?

Steeda had mine installed in half a day...took the rest of the day to start the tuning process and finished up the tune the next morning

• Sponsors (?)

myponyrocks said:
Any one have a guestimation on what a proper ammount of time would be for a cam install? I got a few quotes a while back but 12 hours was one and 9 the other, I would think no more than 6? And more likely around 3-4?
It depends on if the pull the heads or not.. some shops (like MPH) do. Are they installing valve springs also? I'm putting the VT Stage 2's and some Manley valvesprings starting tonight.. I plan to have everything tore down tonight, all of the springs in it tomorrow and putting the cams back in, and then timing and putting it back together on Sunday. I'm in no hurry obviously lol.

yeah the qoute I got was for Stage 1's so no springs. I'm probly not going to do Cam's until I get heads, and then I might as well get them at the same time and save on installation and down time. Was just wondering what the average shop does them in.

myponyrocks said:
yeah the qoute I got was for Stage 1's so no springs. I'm probly not going to do Cam's until I get heads, and then I might as well get them at the same time and save on installation and down time. Was just wondering what the average shop does them in.

If you plan on doing heads you might as well wait and do them both at the same time...I could of saved some money if I had done them together...I will say that the head install was not cheap for me but I also had headers installed at the same time...Steeda pulled my motor.

looks like 2 days by steeda i drop the car on a monday morning and pick her up on tuesday afternoon that is including the tune, Yea gordon its all set i am getting the superchip and VT stage 1 trying to get it done next week if possable. cant wait

mustangGT2001 said:
looks like 2 days by steeda i drop the car on a monday morning and pick her up on tuesday afternoon that is including the tune, Yea gordon its all set i am getting the superchip and VT stage 1 trying to get it done next week if possable. cant wait

I'm glad you were able to find the VT's...they have been on backorder for quite a while now...you'll have to post your dyno sheet when it's all done :nice:

thanks gordon for your help and everyone that replyed to this post, yea i cant wait i will post the dyno sheets for sure looking forward BTW i talked to jim at VT he said his back order issues should be alot better he is setting up the stage 2 and will work on the stage one next week more demand for the 2, The only thing that may hold him up is man power will have the cams but will be very busy setting them up but that is good job security.

BTW guys VT engine is a great place and jim is awesome good to find people in this industry that even thow they are busy still have time to call you back and chat and help at the same time :nice: keep up the good work VT.

Luis