Can any one identify this transmission?

• Sponsors (?)

That is very unssual. The EFI mustang started in 87, and they all got the T5 which is a 5 sp manual. If it is indeed a 4sp manual, I would guess it is the SROD. They came on earlier manual 2.3's I beleive (which were all carb or carb feedback).

I sat tomato you say tomato.............. you know, matoe and mahto , jeez , I guess that ones does not fly on the internet.

Anyway, my point is......

One guy say fuel inection. One guy says EFI.

See where I am going with this.

Fuel injection started in 83.

EFI started in 87.

So which is it?

Three guys walk into a bar.

The forth one ducks.

Is this thing on?

CFI.

Pretty normal stuff actually.

GM even used it until the 90's on their trucks (some of them)

Some people like to call it Carbed fuel injection. ITs actually Central Fuel injection.

It was used from 83 on some of the 2.3N/A's (option and I think standard in Canada?) , 3.8's, As well as the 302's. Until 85 on the 302 and until 86 I believe on the 3.8's.

IIRC 1985 Mustang 2.3L was carb

In 1986 they had a EFI and a Carter YF 1BBl carb 2.3L. Mine was the 1bb Carb version. THE EFI version was IIRC speed density.

And I have seen a 4speed EFI 2.3L car. But it had the evil 4speed that had the external shaft on the side.

Wasnt that the German "Hummer" 4speed?

well if its the SROD. its really not that bad shifting. but if your use to a T5 trans, the SROD will def feel displaced. the SROD feels higher, taller and farther away from you...its werid going back from T5 and SROD :\