Can coolant come from...

roush 97

Aug 28, 2003
Illinois
The timing chain cover? I ask because I'm still leaking coolant. Ever since I flushed my radiator last fall I've had coolant leaks. I thought it was the weep hole on the water pump so I replaced that. It looked as though the gasket was pretty deteriorated too so I'm wondering about the gasket on the cover. I believe it's also leaking out of the coolant resevoir too.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, it's gotta pretty much be narrowed down to that. I'm sure it's not the water pump since I replaced it. It's gasket was pretty bad. I'm sure it's not the hoses, but I need to replace them anyways.

Yes, mine leaks in the valley by the PS pump. Not a lot, so I just keep it topped off, but that valley is always full of green water. The water passages run right through the timing chain cover.

Intake Manifold

I had a problem like that to where i couldn't find the leak and i thought that it was the water pump, but then i check it and everything was fine. After checking for any other leakage i didn't find anything untill i ended up cleaning my engine and saw that i was leaking from the Intake Manifold. WHICH REALLY sucks. those things are made of plastic. the leakage was on the from passage way from the therm. to the first fuel injector. i could see it leak as i kept wiping it off. so u might want to check ur manifold. :p GOOD luck to ya!

cardudeusa, here on stangnet told me about the timing chain covers leaking. I have a leak coming out of the back side of the cover and pooling on top of the cover right below the thermostat housing. There is a small hole in the back of the cover on both sides right there. You need a mirror to see it. What he did is JB weld that hole shut, just make sure you clean the area up real good before hand and you will be fine. Its an easy fix, but I have not done mine. Hopefully its not the lower intake. I have never actually seen mine leak, but I know its coming from there.