Can I buy qtr window trim anywhere?

• Sponsors (?)

You essentially need to buy the entire quarter window, unless you are just talking about the plastic covers. Quarter windows are relatively easy to refinish with a little bit of time and effort. A couple cans of flexible filler-primer, some wet-sanding paper, and some semi-gloss flexible trim/bumper paint is all that's needed. I refurbished mine in a couple of hours after pulling them out of the car.

You essentially need to buy the entire quarter window, unless you are just talking about the plastic covers. Quarter windows are relatively easy to refinish with a little bit of time and effort. A couple cans of flexible filler-primer, some wet-sanding paper, and some semi-gloss flexible trim/bumper paint is all that's needed. I refurbished mine in a couple of hours after pulling them out of the car.

I'm talking about the black trim around the actual glass.

Yeah, that trim is NOT removable. There is a company that makes covers for them, but for the cost, you are further ahead to refresh them on your own. Clean factory look > goofy covers. Do a search for window trim in both tech and talk; there have been a few very detailed threads on how to go about refinishing them.

Yeah, that trim is NOT removable. There is a company that makes covers for them, but for the cost, you are further ahead to refresh them on your own. Clean factory look > goofy covers. Do a search for window trim in both tech and talk; there have been a few very detailed threads on how to go about refinishing them.

Link to said covers?

spot putty put on with your finger,worked into all the little holes and marks,sanded smooth,check for imperfections,any noted,do it again untill it's smooth as a baby's bum,apply grease and wax remover ,apply primer then duplicolour oem satin black and you'll have saved yourself about 400 bucks

02barkervilleandjuly1stym5.jpg

Did mine on the 88 and also did the mirrors and bumper cover on my 81

81mirrornewduplicolourix3.jpg

81bumperxn3.jpg

i am in the process of refinishing mine as we speak. window's sittin in my living room right now cuz i'm tire of sanding. not hard, just takes some time. i thought i had sanded enough, then painted it, but it wasn't up to par. it looked and felt pretty smooth, but the paint brought out imperfections, so i'm sanding it down again.