Can i put 18's on the front and 19's on the rear?

Rhomega

Jun 1, 2010
Westlake
Ok so I just got a 99 V6 mustang for graduation with only 12,000 miles (I know right? was it stuck in some kind of time warp the last 11 years?). But anyway, pending a future career I wanna mod the hell out of it. My first priority: suspension and wheels. I plan on getting the eibach pro kit with some racing shocks and struts (not sure what kind yet)...but I want a real aggressive stance for it that i think simply lowering it will not achieve. MY QUESTION IS: Can I put 18s in the front and 19's in the rear? would this cause suspension issues? would it cause any long-term issues at all (tire wear, etc)? What widths would be appropriate? Also, this is a general question, if I lower it and put on larger rims, do I haveto get a castor/camber kit installed to adjust the wheels? I lowered my last car and the camber (or castor i dont know the difference) was so off the tires wore away on the inside in just a few months

• Sponsors (?)

i know if your lowering the car more then 1.5" then its best to go with C/C plates just as a precaution..i lowerd my car 2" and it makes hella difference..it gives it a aggresive look but the bad thing is driveways..it alway scrapes the bottom of the car..As far as bigger tires or rims just make sure it clears the fender and back spacing..well depends on how your driving style is and what your modding your stang to do.