Can I take a bolt-on 96 cobra?

• Sponsors (?)

I have driven probably every single type, style and kind of Mustang out there. The feel and the TRUTH are very different. Like said before a smooth 13.0 car will feel slower than a low end grunt 15 second car!

A 96 Cobra stock vs a 93 LX 5.0 stock is not a contest. Both with good drivers and good track, the LX low 14s, maybe eek a 13.9, the Cobra mid 13s, maybe eek a 13.4. Its an easy half a second faster car, not to mention after gears it makes that gap even larger!

Take the 0-40, woopy, 40-120 is a LOT more area to run away!

I really want to pick up a Mach 1 but might go with a 96-98 Cobra just to see how easy 12s are!

I have driven probably every single type, style and kind of Mustang out there. The feel and the TRUTH are very different. Like said before a smooth 13.0 car will feel slower than a low end grunt 15 second car!

A 96 Cobra stock vs a 93 LX 5.0 stock is not a contest. Both with good drivers and good track, the LX low 14s, maybe eek a 13.9, the Cobra mid 13s, maybe eek a 13.4. Its an easy half a second faster car, not to mention after gears it makes that gap even larger!

Take the 0-40, woopy, 40-120 is a LOT more area to run away!

I really want to pick up a Mach 1 but might go with a 96-98 Cobra just to see how easy 12s are!
Agreed with all that. You might have a chance at the track, especially if he can't drive. The Cobra is definitely a faster car though. Just don't screw up and drive your car for all it's worth.