Can one of you Hatchback owners take some measurements for me?

Prime Lord

Crappy Default Title
Founding Member
Sep 19, 2000
Denver-ish
My GT is currently at my parents house and I won't be able to get there until wednesday next week. Can one of you guys take a few measurements for me?

I'm trying to plan out my spare tire well subwoofer/amp/PC mounting solution. I need to know:

Depth of the spare tire well from the deck
width at the widest point
width at the flat side (rear of the car)
length from the top of the arch to the center of the flat side.

Since the spare tire well is a giant 'D' shape....I'm hoping there is enough space to mount a 10" sub in a sealed enclosure, and have an open space for mounting the amp and PC, while still holding on to my surface area in the trunk so I can store the T-Tops.

I'm going to use Google SketchUp to try and render a 3D model so I have something to shoot for.

This is going to be a huge fiberglass/mdf endeavor, so I want to have a decent plan in place before I begin.

Thx dudes.

• Sponsors (?)

theres about .08 Cubic Feet which will be enough for a sub, put some pillow filler in there and over power you sub and it will sound nice and tight just like your.....

you need to make it out of fiberglass, if you have never done this before search the interweb for a write up, you can make the top out of MDF but to get all the airspace your going to need you will need to use fiberglass or use a whole bunch of apoxy or liquid nails and do it ghetto style, but a fiberglass bottom would work the best.

Yeah, I'm going to do some 'glass.

Check it:
subboxby1.jpg

If I did the math right, I've got roughly .68 ft³ for the sub. Just like all the other speakers in the car, the sub will be an Infinity Kappa. Their 10" sub has a suggested space of .75 ft³ w/ a +/- 30% margin of error. So .68 ft³ is perfectly w/in that range. I just need a small amp to power the sub, and I have a perfect spot for my PC. Depending on the size of the amp it could very well fit in the same location as the PC. If not, it'll go somewhere else.

The bottom will be entirely fiberglass, ass will the sides and the top of the sub enclosure. On the fiberglass bowl to the right I will put down a thin substrate and then glass that in place forming the smooth L shaped pocket in which to put the PC mount. I'll then have to come up w/ some kind of hinged/ventilated cover so that it doesn't overheat but can still support the weight of my T-Tops.

PROJECT AWAY! hehe.....