can someone help me

i have a 95 mustang gt convertible with coldair intake and off road hpipe, and flowmasters. i recently tried to plug in a superchip designed for a cobra. the guy said it would be fine. well it made my car run like crap. so i took it out. it ran better after takin it out but has still been sick ever since. then the other day i started it and it quit about 2 min later. and it wouldnt start back. i waited about three hours later and tried again. it started but quit after a couple min. wtf is wrong with my car?? could it be a computer prob? if anyone has any suggestions im open. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Jesus H. Christ...

No offense to you, you don't know any better, but NO, that chip will absolutely NOT work with your car!

The GT and Cobra have two TOTALLY different computers!

Futhermore, return the chip, get your money back and come back on here. That generic chip won't do anything you can't do to your car for free anyway.

Also- Disconnect your cars negative battery cable and leave it disconnected for at least 30 minutes. Reconnect it, and start the car. Let it idle for a few minutes. This hopefully will take care of your problems...

If not, you may want to sue the ******* for the cost of a new ECU.

Reason it made the car run like crap is because the Cobra has 24lb injectors, a GT has 19, both have the same MAF I believe so the cobras tune fixes the injector/maf problem so it'll run good.

It's not that its a different computer, because many on here run the cobra tune via tweecer but change the MAF and injector settings to whatever they have. I wouldnt be suprised if you got 24lb injectors the car would run good with that chip, but for your mods its not needed, or any chip for that matter.