Can someone please answer this...........

05StangV6

Jun 11, 2007
I tried looking for this this but was insuccesssful.
Can someone tell me how I can get true duals on my V6 without have that backpressure problem if possible ?? Thanks fellaz :nice:

Ok I was going to buy the V8 stang but I got the V6 for a steal. It was over $100.00 cheaper a month and much less on insurance.

• Sponsors (?)

buy a GT.

05STangV6
You should absolutely send the grinch a personal thanks for the absolute words of wisdom on how to fix your problem. Thanks Grinchie
View attachment 380819

Have you taken the stang to a true muffler shop? I have had systems completely created in the past by them and then just throw on the muffler system and tailpipes. That would be my suggestion, if you live in Dallas area or south of dallas, i may be able to suggest a place.

Don't worry about the backpressure... the stock cats are restrictive enough... there are number of dual kits out there. You can either go with a reverse Y or simply cut the Y and go with and X or H pipe...

05STangV6
You should absolutely send the grinch a personal thanks for the absolute words of wisdom on how to fix your problem. Thanks Grinchie
View attachment 380757

Have you taken the stang to a true muffler shop? I have had systems completely created in the past by them and then just throw on the muffler system and tailpipes. That would be my suggestion, if you live in Dallas area or south of dallas, i may be able to suggest a place.

good suggestion... you can pick up a drivers side mid-pipe from your local dealership and have the shop fab the rest... might also want to pick up some hangers while you are there... although they are on the expensive side!

05StangV6

Hey if you look at a previous post of mine I had a V6 for over a year. Bought it new. LOVED it, really fun to ride and affordable, so you drive on man and enjoy your ride!

As far as your exhaust issue, I would recommend taking the car to a REPUTABLE exhaust shop and see what they have to say on the matter. They should be able to steer you in the right direction. I wouldn't take it to bubba's exhaust, tire, lube, and tan!

You'll need a GT rear bumper for the dual pipes though. A guy over here in the UK put duals on his but wasn't happy with the way the pipes exited at the back. I think he was quite shocked at the cost of the hangers and everything else.

or just cut the V6 bumper...

cut.jpg

cut2.jpg

duals1.jpg

The cost of the mid-pipe isn't too bad... it's the Ford hangers that are expensive... I think there are some dual kits out there that come with their own hangers.. (JBA?)

I don't know how true it is, but when I had my 97 V6 and went to get exhaust they told me that a mid pipe wasn't needed because the firing order wasn't all crazy like in the V8's. They basically said that it didn't need to be balanced out since it fired evenly or something. I absolutely loved the sound of it too and had quite a few people think it was a V8 (don't ask me why, I don't think it sounded like it but it did sound better than most v6's I heard).

I don't know how true it is, but when I had my 97 V6 and went to get exhaust they told me that a mid pipe wasn't needed because the firing order wasn't all crazy like in the V8's. They basically said that it didn't need to be balanced out since it fired evenly or something. I absolutely loved the sound of it too and had quite a few people think it was a V8 (don't ask me why, I don't think it sounded like it but it did sound better than most v6's I heard).

I think you are going to want some kind of cross-over, like an H or X pipe...

BTW... Mid-pipe (i believe) refers to the pipe that basically runs the length of the car and goes up over the axle...