Can someone take a pic of their factory radio power connector for me?

Jamez

Founding Member
Mar 2, 2000
Tulsa, Ok
I think I've got something in the wrong spot as I get a pop after turning the car off from the speakers after reinstalling my factory radio. I assume '94-8 non-mach radio connectors would be the same as far as the wire colors and such. The connector I'm talking about is the one on the back of the am/fm radio that has the power cables, not the smaller square one for the speakers. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

That could be it, but I haven't used it in so long cause I've had a cd player that I don't remember if I put all the wires back where they were after taking the connector itself apart.

Jamez said:
That could be it, but I haven't used it in so long cause I've had a cd player that I don't remember if I put all the wires back where they were after taking the connector itself apart.

Dumb question here, but why did you take apart the connector? Do you mean you took the wires out the connector shell?

I'm in the process of chasing down an engine noise problem so I should be able to take a couple of pics for you this weekend.... Just let me know if you want me to post them here or just e-mail them to you.

George

That'd be awesome. Actually I had planned (don't laugh) on taking the connectors off and straight soldering them to my cd player harness. I was 16 and knew nothing of stereo systems although I could solder very well so I attempted to put them together. Luckily I had trouble finding out which wire did what and went to Circuit City where they told me what was up. The factory radio doesn't dim now either so I know I've got at least one in the wrong spot.