can this molding be reused?

DemonGT

Founding Member
May 24, 2002
Sparta,WI
the side molding on my doors is discolored and pited...not sure if its worth it to see if the body guy can sand the pitting out...should i buy new...pics below

index.php

index.php

P.S. this last pic is of my fenders...anyone know what could cause the fenders to bow like this..the drivers side is the same

index.php

• Sponsors (?)

Yea - the moldings can be sanded - as long as the pitting isn't too deep.

As far as the fenders go - my car had the same problem when I bought it. It's from jacking the car up by the body - very bad. They can be straightened though. I had the body shop fix them when I got the Stang painted last year.

any suggestions on "how" to sand them...like what grit paper to use? im still thinking it might be better to get good used ones off ebay and then sell mine on ebay to some one willing to fix them

DemonGT said:
any suggestions on "how" to sand them...like what grit paper to use? im still thinking it might be better to get good used ones off ebay and then sell mine on ebay to some one willing to fix them

only thing about buying used ones is sometimes if they have been off of a car for a long time they can shrink and be to short for the door get some 320 grit wet sand paper and sand them smooth if u go thru the factory primer itsa good idea to use adhesive promoter then primer