Can we preorder the GT500 now?

BrutalStang

Aug 2, 2004
PA
I was just wondering if anyone knows if Ford is allowing preorders for the GT500 this far in advance. im sure its only going to be built in low numbers, so i dont see why not. just thought i'd see if anyone knew before i go to the ford dealer looking like an idiot.

also, if they are allowing preorders, will i have to go to an SVT authorized dealer, or can i do it at a dealer that does not sell SVT products.

thanks for an info.

• Sponsors (?)

I know that there are alot of guys on a so called list to be able to preorder when able, but don't know of any that actually have a pre order in. Bunch of stuff about it at svtperformance.com. Couple people even put money down on a car that you really can't pre-order yet. Personnally I wouldn't rush. Going to be made for a couple/few years and the first few months will be crazy.

thanks for that great web site. there was some pretty good info on there. the reason i want to preorder it now is im not to crazy about the stripes(maybe if i was 20 years younger) so i just want to get mine in red(ive always thought red was the best color for a mustang, just my opinion).
if i have to get the stripes i guees i'll get white with blue stripes, classic shelby. from what ive heard this will be an option.

another reason i want to preorder it is i dont want to miss my chance to get one like i did the Bullitt in 2001.

found these great pics on svtperformance.com
07_shelby_gt500_front_1_small.jpg

07_shelby_gt500_front_2_small.jpg

07_shelby_gt500_front_quarter_small.jpg

07_shelby_gt500_rear_small.jpg

07_shelby_gt500_rt_rear_small.jpg