Car CD Player - need suggestions

StangDreamin' said:
Now Rockford-Fosgate does build some awfully good audio equipment, so they've probably got a very effective cushioning system for the hard drive; but is it good enough protection when the stiff suspension in Cobrask8 meets up with the mother of all potholes??? :shrug:

Is Cobrask8 tough enough for that pothole? A pot hole that deep is gonna screwup more than the HDD. It'll probably frag about half of Cheapie's hard work in the process. A portable MP3 player (like Ipod, or Iriver) would work fine as they can take pretty good jolts and still keep ticking (after having dropped mine once or twice) and the permanent MP3 player has it's perks (like my laptop would work just fine, wifi included). All in all, digital media is probably a better bet than Cd's for Cobrask8. my two cents.

~Critter

• Sponsors (?)

The pothole was exaggerated but anything that will skip a CD can "skip" a HDD. Now a smart MP3 manufacturer would load whole songs into solid state memory all at once so drive seek is limited to near the beginning of songs, or some other loading type procedure, but it could still coincide with a bump.

You are right nokitten portable mp3 players should be fine, especially the flash type with no moving parts, except buttons.