car is apart! going crazy!!!

Daniel50

Mar 30, 2005
Discovery Bay, CA
ok so here is the story i need to get out of me hahaha.we were just doing a simple intake swap when i bolt broke off in one of the heads. so we decided to put heads on the car as well. then decided might as well throw a cam in there while its all apart. this was 2 weeks ago!!!! my car has not been touched in that time and i have all the parts for it sitting here. everything still on the car from the valve covers down. my friend and i are supposed to do the work and he is the brains of the operation and its at his house. i dont wanna sound like a jerk and say hey we need to work on this. but im going crazy just watchin it sit. i dont know how much longer i can wait for him to say lets work on it. any advice?

• Sponsors (?)

Is he being compensated?

I'd call him and ask him if he can think of anything that's not in whatever resource you're using (manual, etc) that will help with the R/R. If he says something, I'd just say that I need to get the car on the road again and that I'm gonna get started. That might give him the nudge he needs.

i got everything and i dont know what we waiting on here. we always do mods on the car same day. longtubes, x pipe, pulleys, springs/shocks. i said i would pay him and he even bought the heads for me. im paying him back for those. he says to pay him back before a months up so i know thats not a big deal.