Car shuts off at 98!!!!!

I like pancakes...

hey matched part of the thread.

Anyways Original Poster.
I know the vert camaro's esp. ones going to Canada had a 98 MPH speedlimiter on them. ARE you 150% sure you have cleared/ raised the speed limiter? Did it shut down at 98mph before you raised it? Perhaps you can sedn the "tune" to someone who can read it and make sense of it and the settings.
I've known a few people who got mail order tunes that just happened not to have the rev limiter in them. so anything is possible.

• Sponsors (?)

Ok, not sure on what the factory wheels were that came on it, it came with Deep dish Bullitts when I bought. If this helps the car has no options i.e. no traction control, or mach stereo. I believe it is just a basic GT.

I am POSITIVE that the rev/speed litmiters are shut off and cleared (have double checked this several times).

The car shifts from 1-2 at 6200 and from 2-3 at 6100. I have the rev limiter set at 6500 so I'm not hitting that. As I said above the car shuts off at 5300-5400 RPM and acts like it is hitting a rev limiter.

streetstang03 said:
my thoughts:

your speedo is off, which isnt shocking b/c stock gauges are known to be inaccurate.

2nd, does your GT have the 16" or 17" wheels that were offered in 99?
i was about to throw that in there

the gt's with the 16's had a speed limiter (i believe) because they didn't come with z rated tires from the factory

also the rental company might have used an aftermarket speed limiter of some sort. might want to call them:shrug:

I could be blowing out my ass but if you have a certain amount of momentum and then decrease the friction on it (push in the clutch) would you not get a faster speed porportionately to the momentum (mass x acceleration), speed and friction? And what if you ran over 100mph while passing the Event Horizon...? Are there bugs on Mars...?

Happy Friday...!

Anyone got some papers...?

GDawg said:
I could be blowing out my ass but if you have a certain amount of momentum and then decrease the friction on it (push in the clutch) would you not get a faster speed porportionately to the momentum (mass x acceleration), speed and friction?

It might if that were the formula for momentum, but it isn't. Momentum = mass X velocity. Not acceleration...