Car still won't start, Theft light blinks a code with new PATS Transceiver

dromeda

Apr 17, 2004
Alright, long time coming, but finally got a new PATS transceiver for my non-start issue (engine cranks but never fires and the theft light blinks on off on off while in start position).

The old part number for the transceiver was F8ZB-15607-AB and the new one I got is the same but -AC. Is that correct (build date is 2/98)?

I plugged it in and now I get different errors. It used to blink on off on off. Now it blinks on off on off a lot faster and then gives the code (from what I can tell by timing it):

11100010 over and over again, not sure where the code starts or stops in the sequence but it's:

Any other hints?

• Sponsors (?)

RoadconeTuning said:
did you marry it to your pcm? there is a set of instructions you have to follow for it to work... if you only have 1 old key then you have to have ford program it for you.

You have to marry the Transceiver? I thought if you changed the PATS Module then you had to reprogram it, didn't know anything about the transceiver. Does anyone know that procedure?

No you don't have to marry the PATS tranceiver to anything. I don't really get how your getting your 1110000 ...... codes but anyways. Can you have the codes pulled again with a code reader???

Starting to sound like a PCM problem you have there.

ToplessStang said:
I don't really get how your getting your 1110000 ...... codes but anyways.

svttech76 put up some info that explained how the theft light will respond to certain conditions. Mine happened to be blink on and off fast for one minute, then the theft light will flash a code 10 times. From timing the three on lights, I got the off values. I was hoping one of the techs would know what that code means.

Just in case other's search this thread, here's how this turned out.

I took it to ANOTHER dealership, who at first accused me of a piece-meal cobra car. It's not the nicest looking cobra, that and it has a GT fender where someone backed into it. After I convinced him it was a stock cobra with a blower on it, they tried again. Said they think it's the PATS module.

Got that ordered and installed, installed a new PATS transceiver, then they had to clean the crank position sensor, then they cut me a new ford key. And now, she starts!!! FINALLY!!! Oh, and they were really nice, had over 10 hours into it but only charged me $550 for parts and labor!!

I'm thinking some tips are in order, anyone know what a good tip is for a Ford Tech?