Carb counting

TurboNoong

Founding Member
Mar 2, 2001
Anytown USA
Okay I need some help form you guys :shrug: , besides the obvious what else would be needed and what can be removed for my 94 engine compartment for the 351 switch. I know the headers, motor mounts, ignition. Which harnesses do I keep and which do I sell. Also what about the gauges? New ones needed? What I'm working with is a 94GT C-4 tranny but a giant hole between the fenders till this weekend. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Noong :D

• Sponsors (?)

Cool, I got the motor this morning and will start adding to it this week. Start listing the items any help would be greatly appreciated. Congrats on the car, I know it's been a long trek. Are you going to be at Wills wedding? Better yet, it the car?

basically you'll want to pull the whole stock harness that the ECU connects to and there are 4 or 5 wires that you'll need to replace in that harness.

Then you start getting into the other stuff that you may or may not want to keep like the ABS, CCRM, AC, etc...

It almost gets to the point that you'll just want to remove everything and start over with a painless harness.

I'm going to take it kinda slow with the car, no sence in balling it up because I rushed it to get onto the track. I'll be at will's wedding (If I don't I'm quite sure Tina will hunt me down and string me up by my nutsack), infact I'm one of the groomsmen :D

Does this mean we may actually meet in person? scary. ;)

On the guages, I think that with a '94/'95 you can make all the factory guages work if you feel the need to, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to switch over to some good autometer guages. again you get into a situation where it may be easier to just replace the wiring than it is to keep the stock stuff and modify it to work with the new equipment. The stock oil pressure guage is a joke, and the coolant temp guage isn't much better, so the only things that you'll really be using from the stock cluster are the tach, speedo and fuel level.

A lot of it depends on how much you want to spend as far as the headers go. You could expect spend $500 or so on a set of hookers or accufab. If you want to get really crazy you could spend upwards of $1000 on some nice ceramic coated parts from Kooks. I'd stay away from BBK, Mack or any of the others who use the ball/socket flange. They are really easy to work with but they are much more restrictive than a classic 3-bolt flange would be.