Car's Evil Light At WOT

mustang462002

Mar 13, 2007
So I was messing with a honda accord coupe. All riced up, he though he was the ****. And reved and passed, he also did the ricer code of honor of passing and weaving cars at 85. So after traffic cleared I dropped my auto to 2nd. And just creamed him. He didn't even try to race me. Typical. Anyway.

After I dropped the hammer in 2nd (it was at night). So just as I rev to redline, the battery light icon came up. It flashed. Didn't stay lit and went away after I shifted. It is a cool feature. It feels as though the car is also with me. But what does this mean. Is something wrong?

Thanks for reading my long ass post.

• Sponsors (?)

Didn't stay lit and went away after I shifted. It is a cool feature.

:rlaugh:
it's not that cool, there's something wrong with your charging system

first see if you can duplicate it, if you can take it to a shop or autozone (preferably a shop) and have them check the entire charging system. i'd suspect the alternator if it's only doing it at high rpm

at that RPM , its probably just belt slip , put a new belt on , if that doesnt fix it , try a new tensioner , there might be a problem with the alternator but most times if the alternator is bad that light will come on and stay on .......

^ means that your battery is not being charged and yes it will hurt spark voltage and power. Also means that your battery will soon drain to nothing and you cant start your car....and even if you jump start it, it will die shortly after due to no power left to run your computer/fuel injectors/ignition system.

And since it was night you had your lights on. That light means the battery was "discharging" for that instant.
Try it again with your lights on and this time with high beams and with your radio thumping, do the "fog lights stay on with high beams" mod, turn your hazard lights on, your interior lights on, have a friend in the pass seat rollling the window up and down, a spot light turned on and hooked into the cig lighter, your vent fan on full blast, your rear defroster turned on, and with you blasting the horn.

If you have a weak sharging system, then your battery light should come on ALOT easier while doing all that. :rlaugh:

Try it again with your lights on and this time with high beams and with your radio thumping, do the "fog lights stay on with high beams" mod, turn your hazard lights on, your interior lights on, have a friend in the pass seat rollling the window up and down, a spot light turned on and hooked into the cig lighter, your vent fan on full blast, your rear defroster turned on, and with you blasting the horn.

If you have a weak sharging system, then your battery light should come on ALOT easier while doing all that. :rlaugh:

that should definitely do the trick :rlaugh:

i've noticed when i roll my windows up, the interior light dims until i release switch. this doesn't happen in my g/f's fontier though :shrug: