Catback welding required?

Metalli485

Nov 10, 1998
Plano, TX
I just ordered a Flowmaster American Thunder catback and I'm anxiously waiting for it to arrive. The kit comes with two clamps that secure the separate tubing pieces right behind each muffler. Is it necessary to weld the connection or is it okay with just the clamps? I was planning on doing the install myself and my dad has all the welding goodies I would need. Thanks for the help guys! :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

I had mine welded after I installed it. I had the clamps as tight as I could get them and the pipes still slid out. If you have the welding equipment then do it.

Yeah I joined back in 1998 because I really wanted to buy an 87-93 GT but it never happened. My dad ended telling me that a 16 year old doesn't need a race car :bs: and I couldn't afford it on my own. I finally bought a 2000 GT a few years back and I've loved it ever since.

Anyways, thanks for the advice. I'll go ahead and weld it to make the install nice and solid.

Yeah I joined back in 1998 because I really wanted to buy an 87-93 GT but it never happened. My dad ended telling me that a 16 year old doesn't need a race car :bs: and I couldn't afford it on my own. I finally bought a 2000 GT a few years back and I've loved it ever since.

Anyways, thanks for the advice. I'll go ahead and weld it to make the install nice and solid.

im 16:D i need a race car... mine still aint fast enough:(