TB Injection Install (Aces Killshot)

• Sponsors (?)

I think there was another Mustang II guy that went down this road.... spent thousands of dollars on this path... only to eventually go back to a carburetor, sell the EFI system for a loss, and then in a way too late epiphany, realize his alternator wasn't putting out enough amperage...

Anyone else remember this guy?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Yeah I remember
I miss El Super Pinto...

imag0403-jpg.611322.jpeg

I think there was another Mustang II guy that went down this road.... spent thousands of dollars on this path... only to eventually go back to a carburetor, sell the EFI system for a loss, and then in a way too late epiphany, realize his alternator wasn't putting out enough amperage...

Rings a bell.... :scratch:

Took it out for it's maiden voyage a little while ago. It did ok I supposed..... The only issue I've had with it so far is when coming to a stop, more so when I've downshifted - it dies and has to be restarted. I'm not sure if it's some parameter or something that needs attention or if maybe I should turn up the fuel pressure a little. It's set around 50 psi, the system requires something like 43.

Reactions: 1 users
No stumbles at all, just dies when coming to a stop. It was it's maiden voyage so I suppose there's some fiddling with a few things to get it right.

Nope, no more bare wires anywhere and everything is tied up and away from anything, so there shouldn't be any more problems on that front. I still need to make it pretty, but I'm not horribly concerned with that at this point.

I have the idle set at 650. I've kinda thought about bumping it up but it just doesn't seem right. I'm wondering if I have to go through the IAC setup again, maybe it just needs tweaked? :shrug:

Side note: I've downloaded their tuning software and bought their USB-CAN cable, I'll probably take my laptop out on it's next trip. I know it will datalog, I'd like to figure that out so I can try to see what it's doing when it dies like that - I'd think that that would give a good idea of where to go instead of guessing.

Reactions: 2 users
I moved the car yesterday to do some moving/cleaning in preparation of house work. I bumped the idle up to 700 on the handheld, but that's as much as I did. It still shoots too much fuel at start up and takes a minute to get it running, but once it's running it seems to run pretty well. I'm going to have to play with parameters at cold start to tame the initial fuel load, but that will be another day.....

Reactions: 1 user
This (Killshot) is the clunkiest system I have ever installed. Instructions don't match reality and contradict themselves. Screen, when first fired up goes crazy and just selects different parameters by itself. PC software is um, let me say subpar. Support is slow to get response and questions not really answered. I must say though, I installed and it fired up straight away (albeit very rich) . Haven't driven it yet.

Reactions: 1 user
I've only taken mine out once since getting it installed, but it seemed response enough other than the issues I stated previously. The jury's still out, but I'm hoping it'll get better as time goes on.

Yeah I remember
I miss El Super Pinto...

imag0403-jpg.611322.jpeg
ElSuperPinto is dead. The jackwagon that bought it yanked the powertrain and slapped it into a Ranger. I'd have never known, but a friend sent me the listing for the roller asking if it was my old car about three months after he bought it.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users