Cater Camber Plates For Lowered Fox ?'s

nickpic

Advanced Member
Jul 5, 2009
Stony Point NY
I have a 92 LX 5.0 that is lowered. I think they are the Eibach springs and kyb struts/shocks. The car needs some CC plates badly. I did some searching and see lots of old post saying the Maximum Motorsports CC plates are the best. Are the MM plates still the best or has someone came out with something better or the same for less money?

Also other than rolling the fenders is there anything else I can do to reduce rubbing the 245/45/17's I got up front?

While I'm in there anything g else worth replacing?

c1de130a4e381aca7090f7aa84abc403.jpg
cc424f8411fed1cddb535ee0c0b01873.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I didnt roll anything eibach sport lines with upper isos on front only i do have new shocks and stuts havent put cc plates yet but not to bad neg camber as it sits now tho No rubbing also it has 275 40 17 and 245 45 17 front tire almost identical size as the 245 50 16 old ponys it use to have

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 309
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
I didnt roll anything eibach sport lines with upper isos on front only i do have new shocks and stuts havent put cc plates yet but not to bad neg camber as it sits now tho No rubbing also it has 275 40 17 and 245 45 17 front tire almost identical size as the 245 50 16 old ponys it use to have
Hmm interesting. Mine rub and I have a lot of negative camber. The struts look newer but maybe they are shot

The insides of my front tires are wearing very fast.

bdafebd2aff0c015bc54c332b7829728.jpg

Yeah cc plates def will do the trick not sure i think the ofset on my wheels may be a bit diff from urs to i swear all mustangs are built a bit diff lol do they rub the fender are control arm?

Love the smoked headlights to nice on black
Thanks. Going to eventually build a set of Retrofit projectors and make the shrouds and buckets black but that's down the road...
Yeah cc plates def will do the trick not sure i think the ofset on my wheels may be a bit diff from urs to i swear all mustangs are built a bit diff lol do they rub the fender are control arm?
Yeah it seems like no 2 are the same lol. Not sure if it rubs the control arms but I think it does. Only had the car for a couple weeks and haven't had the time to really go over everything yet. Been taking care of the obvious issues as they pop up and little by little gathering parts to add some power. Replaced the ignition switch last week, for tire of smacking the steering column so my blinkers work lol. Also looked dumb when I power shifted 2nd leaving work but hit a bump at the same time and the car shut off. Talk about embarrassing lol

MM are the best. for your tire rubbing get some rack limiters.
Thanks. Yeah I forgot to mention I'll be getting them too. Just wondering that when I correct my camber and the top of the tire sits out further if I will have more issues. I am not sure what the offset of my wheels are either. They are a 4 lug Saleen replica but I can't find them on line anywhere.

I unintentionally did a bit of a CC plate comparison. I had decided on MM based on forum recommendations. I found some used locally, only they weren't MM. Then I bought a set of MM plates off ebay, only they weren't MM. Finally I just bought a set of MM. I think I compared some generic plates, steeda plates, and finally got the MM. Go MM, the combination of clear quality and support wins. I think their design with spacers and bump stops wins also.

Not all CC plates create the extra bump travel required for lowered cars. MM's do. Your inner edge wear is NOT a camber problem. Camber is concentrating the wear that's caused by a toe problem, which is caused by an incorrect toe setting, or, more likely, worn inner tie rod ends, or compliance in the A-arm bushings that allow the wheels to toe out when the car is underway.

Reactions: 1 user