Catted H or X question

The Hitman

Founding Member
Oct 17, 2001
Orlando, FL
Right now I have an off road H.. but I finally got caught with it so I figure it's time to go back to legal.

How much power am I going to lose going with a catted H or X.. is it going to be enough to feel and be depressed about it.. HAHAHA.

And if anyone has one they want to sell.. let me know.

THANKS

• Sponsors (?)

if u get one of those high flow ones with 2 cats it wont be a big difference in power, but your car will be a little quieter, but if i were you what i would do is get a stock h pipe with 4 cats or a high flow one with 2 cats and hollow out your cats so if a cop or someone looks under your car they see them there and cant do crap. but if you have emissions make sure you kep your stock H pipe around to slap on for that.

Did you get caught by the police?

Were you revvin it or taking off faster than usual?

I am aking becauseI am wondering if I will get pulled over for the o/r h pipe i am about to install.

Will it be really loud with stock headers, the h pipe and a Flowmaster cat-back :shrug:
THANKS..

No I rarely rev it or show off anymore..

Stopped at a road stop and he heard it idling (which isn't that loud) and looked up under it.

Plus I can't pass inspection. However they don't check for emissions..

But If I'm going to have a catted pipe I guess I need to hook all my smog stuff back up..

SO I NEED SMOG STUFF.. ALL OF IT IF ANYONE HAS IT! :D

How much quieter will I be? My car had 2 cats on it when I bought it and when I went to the offroad H I didn't notice too much of a difference with stock mufflers.. But I'll be using the SLP catback I ordered. Let me know what you think.

If anyone has a catted H or X and smog stuff.. let me know.

The Hitman said:
No I rarely rev it or show off anymore..

Stopped at a road stop and he heard it idling (which isn't that loud) and looked up under it.

Plus I can't pass inspection. However they don't check for emissions..

But If I'm going to have a catted pipe I guess I need to hook all my smog stuff back up..

SO I NEED SMOG STUFF.. ALL OF IT IF ANYONE HAS IT! :D

How much quieter will I be? My car had 2 cats on it when I bought it and when I went to the offroad H I didn't notice too much of a difference with stock mufflers.. But I'll be using the SLP catback I ordered. Let me know what you think.

If anyone has a catted H or X and smog stuff.. let me know.

your not gonna be that much quieter with only 2 cats, but if i were u i would hollow those cats out or weld on fake cat covers so it looks like you have them.

if your gonna do welding you might as well just fabricate some fake cat covers out of sheet metal an weld them on so it looks like they are there. thats what i did, an you cant tell at all. cutting exhaust pipes and welding them back together isnt a good idea, its only another place you can end up with a leak