catted H-pipe?

farbyhardcore

Oct 5, 2004
East Coast
I have been searching endlessly for an aftermarket H pipe with cats. I'm trying to stay away from an x pipe but those are the only ones i can find. There are plenty of off road h pipes around but i want one that i can put on and still be legal. Do you know of anyone that makes these? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I have MRT's catted H-pipe and all I can say is the following:

*perfect fitment
*no MILs despite not having MIL eliminators (unlike Bassani's catted X pipe and really most other catted pipes)
*excellent sound when coupled with flowmaster 2-chambers (all i can speak for since that's what I have.)

I highly recommend paying the extra cash for this all stainless steel catted H-pipe (the only stainless catted H-pipe I'm aware of). Bassani is high quality but their cats must not be as efficient/etc since many people still needed MIL eliminators even with the catted version. My brother has the catted bassani X pipe and this was his experience.

BMan5150 said:

*perfect fitment
*no MILs despite not having MIL eliminators (unlike Bassani's catted X pipe and really most other catted pipes)
*excellent sound when coupled with flowmaster 2-chambers (all i can speak for since that's what I have.)

I highly recommend paying the extra cash for this all stainless steel catted H-pipe (the only stainless catted H-pipe I'm aware of). Bassani is high quality but their cats must not be as efficient/etc since many people still needed MIL eliminators even with the catted version. My brother has the catted bassani X pipe and this was his experience.
:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :cheers: :nice: The MRT H pipe is THE H pipe all others should be judged against.

BMan5150 said:

*perfect fitment

Do you still pass emissions at DMV?

farbyhardcore said:
Do you still pass emissions at DMV?

We don't have emmissions testing in my area of the country (Columbus, OH) but it would pass since I believe the latest greatest emmissions testing involves a visual inspection of the presence of cats (which I have) and a scan of your engine's diagnostic system (which I have no MILs).

It's seriously a great pipe. I've already been through one winter with it and the thing looks brand new other than a tiny bit of rust (and I mean tiny) around some of the welds. Put another way, my stock catback pipes and flowmaster mufflers are a stark comparison to the MRT h-pipe.

I spoke to MRT about their pipe before I bought it. Although they could not tell me who their manufacturer was, they did tell me that the company is a major exhaust manufacturer located in California. Is that Magnaflow????? Might be. . . I even think the Magnaflow rep hinted to me in a thread one time this was the case but I'm not totally certain.

Now I just need to get a new full catback system to compliment my sweet H-pipe! Sure wish Flowmaster made a SS system. Still might go with their american thunder system since i'm so addicted to the sound.

BMan5150 said:
I spoke to MRT about their pipe before I bought it. Although they could not tell me who their manufacturer was, they did tell me that the company is a major exhaust manufacturer located in California. Is that Magnaflow????? Might be. . . I even think the Magnaflow rep hinted to me in a thread one time this was the case but I'm not totally certain.

Now I just need to get a new full catback system to compliment my sweet H-pipe! Sure wish Flowmaster made a SS system. Still might go with their american thunder system since i'm so addicted to the sound.
No emissions here in FL either...
The MRT H is made by JBA...at least that's what the paperwork said when I rec'd mine...I can't remember exactly what paperwork I received or what I saw, but the proverbial light bulb went off and I said, ahh...JBA.
The Flowmaster AT catback with the MRT midpipe are are a great combo. A perfect tone IMO...nothing 'ratty' sounding about it. Pretty quiet at idle, beautiful tone when accellerating, wicked when wound up. I am totally pleased with my choice.