Causes for steering problem

FlyerFox0

Nov 24, 2007
Connecticut
Hey if it is easier to turn left than it is to turn right and also the return to the center after turning is stronger from the right than it is from the left what are some possible causes (if it has to do with alignment, specifically what part about it such as the scrub radius or the included angle)?

• Sponsors (?)

First off this a problem you're having so if it due to camber then that means your camber is not itspec and it must be corrected, 2nd SAI is measured by control arm angles, in this case the pitch of the upper strut seat and lower control arm angle.

Well the fluid level is fine. Also, I got hit in the front left by some idiot. Mike Raisor Ford did the job and the car has been aligned and everything so I'm not sure if it is the suspension but now that you mention it I don't recall anything with the rack and pinion or power steering being replaced so I might have to look into that. By the way, if the bolts that come up out of the strut mount is in a position that is different from all the other 07's I've compared it to, is it still possible for the front to have proper alignment because the car has been aligned and I even have the toe, caster, and camber specs but the bolts come up out of the strut mount in a position different from other 05-07 stangs.

i dont know what you mean about the blots. pictures would help. but as long as you camber caster toe and SAI are all in spec you should be fine. the dealer should have a printout copy of the alignment adjustments made. i have worked in 2 dealerships and we were required to attach a before and after alignment spec sheet to the repair order. ask to see it or ask to get one when/if you take it back.