Changed plugs, now car is dying instantly after starting it

My friend's stock MAF was something like $60 w/exchange from Kragen. Do you have an engine light on at all? I don't know who much an MAF from Ford would cost. You may want to do the swap thing before buying one to see if that fixes it.

• Sponsors (?)

Well guys,

I want to thank you again for all helping out, I have fixed the problem.. and believe it or not, it came out that a PCV valve was not in all the way. After switching MAF's with my friend and it not working, I was going to take out each plug and check the gap. When I took off the intake hose that connects to the throttle body I noticed the PCV valve under the intake was only half on, when I touched it, it feel off. I put it on.. threw my intake hose back on and it started right up.

Well hopefully this thread gets alot of use.. I can say it has everything to check if your car won't idle..

Thanks again guys

Highroller said:
Well I switched the IAC valve, and the same problem is still there..

I don't see how, but maybe I switched the coil packs around on the wrong spark plugs?? I don't see how cause they really can't move around.. I mean to stretch one to another COP and not notice would be hard

im going to go buy new plugs, and make sure there gapped at .54 and try it then.. if that fails... I'm pushing my car in Lake Mead :bang:
Oh oh...Do I still have to give up the nut? I've grown to like it. About the PCV valve I guess I should have suggested to check any hoses and the like on your air intake as well. One of the hoses on mine came loose and I rode to work before I figured out what it was.