Changing heater core

• Sponsors (?)

Alright guys everything is in heat is blowing hotter then ever, Thanks for all the help again, only problem i got is its over heating ( but thats because i wasnt thinking and i accidently put in the restrictor that came with the core, while i still got one in the hose)

I gave my son the part # for the restrictor that I got from an earlier post and the guy at the Ford dealership said that the 88 5.0 did not require a restrictor. Do I put one in for good measure or just leave it out? The guy also told him that the heater core he bought from Checkers was crap and was not surprised that it went right away. My son is wishing he never offered to replace the heater core, he has already taken the dash out twice for this project.:D

I gave my son the part # for the restrictor that I got from an earlier post and the guy at the Ford dealership said that the 88 5.0 did not require a restrictor. Do I put one in for good measure or just leave it out? The guy also told him that the heater core he bought from Checkers was crap and was not surprised that it went right away. My son is wishing he never offered to replace the heater core, he has already taken the dash out twice for this project.:D

Yes. Get the restrictor.

The early Fox Bodies didn't get them. I think originally, the restrictors only came on the Special Service Package Mustangs, but later became a regular production part for all Mustangs. I'm not sure when all cars started getting them, but I thought it was before 1988.:shrug: