Cheap Cobra brake upgrade opinions

cjrpony

Jan 23, 2010
West Michigan
I am looking to upgrade the brakes on my car to Cobra fronts and want some opinions on which way to go.

Option 1: Buy the Cobra upgrade kit for roughly 500-600 dollars

Option 2: Buy used Cobra parts, but looks like still going to be 200-300 dollars+

Option 3: New Bullitt calipers/pads for 250 plus rotors

Option 4: Buy stock Cobra reman calipers and stock replacement rotors and pads. I can get this deal for 350 dollars but get 75 dollars back in gift cards (CJ Pony Parts sale this weekend)

I am leaning toward Option 3 but am wondering if option 4 will really be just as good, maybe just not have as fancy looking of a caliper. If it works good, I can do without the word "cobra" or a running horse on the caliper.

So, is anyone running regular replacement calipers on their car and how do they perform?

• Sponsors (?)

Option 2: Buy used Cobra parts, but looks like still going to be 200-300 dollars+

OR

Option 4: Buy stock Cobra reman calipers and stock replacement rotors and pads. I can get this deal for 350 dollars but get 75 dollars back in gift cards (CJ Pony Parts sale this weekend)

Cobra caliper also has bigger caliper pistons then the bullitts, it doesnt make much difference but difference is difference.

You can rebuild your own calipers in 30 mins. it super easy and not complecated.

I like option 4 the best. Good deal! :)