Check Engine Light

• Sponsors (?)

i want information about my car. how can the PO401 Insufficient EGR Flow problem can be fixed

for the ants i meant everyone else cause me and zincyellow are superior.the ants will bow down before us because we are takin over the world

ZincPony said:
alright well i got the little fuel injector cleaner thingy injected in my fuel. I need to see if that will do the trick but i am seriously doughting it. Just being hopefull. but man i dont wnana have to pay 54.99 for part then then labor to replace the EGR Valve

zincyellow so i guess the ants are going to be bowing down to us soon.

The fuel injector cleaner is not going to fix this one. The EGR (Exhaust Gas Reciculator) is bad. It is an emission part and goes out on some cars at different mileage.

It is a real easy install and can be done in your garage with basic hand tools. Here is the instructions from the manual:

Disconnect the vacuum hose.

Disconnect the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) tube (9D477) from the EGR valve (9D460).

Remove two bolts, the EGR valve and gasket.

Installation

NOTE: Install a new gasket.

NOTE: The 4.6L, 4V is shown. The 3.8L and the 4.6L, 2V are similar.

To install, reverse the removal procedure.

When you go and look at the EGR valve you will see that it is right on top of the engine and if you pay to have it done, well you should not tell us. It would be a waste of money!

Hope this helps.

LsRed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't change the EGR VALVE!!! YOU ARE WASTING YOUR MONEY!!!

I'm serious. I had the same code and I took mine up to Autozone to get the code checked out. The reason that the person at autozone told you that you needed your EGR Tube replaced is because that is the only part that they sell that may fix the problem. Take it to a real machanic and have them check it out becasue it is probably you DPFE sensor died on you. Thats it, just a sensor.

And if you dont you dont believe me, I will send you a copy of my work order to prove it.

-Ron

Oh yea, and now there are 3 zinc yellow mustangs in this forum