check engine w/ Off Road H????

Rains

Founding Member
Oct 14, 2002
Chico, CALIFORNIA!!!
so uh.... am i going to have to get the MIL eliminator now that i have my off road h? i've had it for a month now and whenever i get on the gas... take it over 3k RPM the check engine light goes on, but only sometimes .....

i've checked my comoputer for codes and got nothing also the car runs fine, but i hate having my C.E light go off....

or... does it have to do something with an air pump tube leak??

thanks in advance for the help

• Sponsors (?)

Mine does this too but I think I have an exhaust leak at the smog tube connection. maybe its cuz the smog crap isnt getting a proper reading??? I'm gonna fix the leak and hope it goes away.

By the way, our cars dont use MIL connectors. Dont need them.

We only have two front oxygen sensors. MIL connectors are for the later cars that have four oxygenish sensors.

Your CE light is most likely not related to the O/R h pipe you installed. The problem is that the only way you will be able to get the codes from the computer is when the CE light is on. when the light goes out the codes go away. Im going to bet that since it is doing it when you get on the gas, there could be a problem with your EGR valve. The computer looks for movement of the valve, and when the valve does not move as it is supposed to, it will throw the CE light. when you go to WOT the orders from the EECV are to shut down the EGR and smog system to put out maximum power. If the EGR is not closing, this will throw a CE light. when you return to part throtle operation the EGR operates as directed and the light goes away. Mind you, this is only one of many possible causes of the CE light, but it is where I would start looking. Also not that I dont always get the problem on the first atempt, and its always fun to diagnose a vehicle over the internet without actually seeing the car. Happy hunting!

I'm pretty sure mine is related to my prochamber install as that is when it started going off. It is either due to the smog pump leak or possibly the O2 sensors. I'm gonna look into them next week.