check out my friends pinto

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
i work at a machine shop and my friend there has this MEAN ASS PINTO lol

its one of the old truck pinto and he has a hopped up big block chevy in it. These pics were from a ford invades event lol its a mean ass car.

he didnt really get on it much that day

but he ran a mid 8 1/8th mile at HALF THROTTLE and he let off b4 he passed the line he then cruised to the 1/4 mark. i think it will go 11s once he decides to ball up and get on it lol

he has a stop made for his gas pedal, so he cant take it past 1/2 throttle. He floor it once and it blew the rear end up.

http://www.erikandersondesigns.com/...vadeMokan/DragRace/0004-BlackPinto/index.html

• Sponsors (?)

nah its just a cool pic i like lol

i have been learning to tig weld at my job.

www.propan.net
my pics not on there yet but i work there.

we make custom aluminum valve covers and oil pans, dry sump wet sump, you name it. oiler valve covers anything for all sorts of engines. I machine bungs and fittings, bend shells and make all the parts and last month or so i have started tig welding. so far i can weld the rails (bottom of the valve covers) and its a great job....

the parts are great and are better than moroso and milodon etc.etc

i like welding there!

Im a welder. Thats what I went to school for. I welded production equipment for 10 years Mig. Also welded structural steel.
We Mostly tig weld where I work now.
But mostly I rebuild and balance the equipment these days.

i graduated this year from high school and this fall i am going to a vocational school for welding, i am also enrolled in an electrical class too.

should be fun. the guy who runs the shop i work at is a SMART DUDE, just one of the really knowledgable guys. he taught college for years and my dad has known him for years. my dad sorta got me hooked up with the job.

i started work there in may. and since then i have noticed my overall mechanical ability to do anything has gotten alot better.

i can just seem to fix things and work with my hands better. and have been exposed to alot more things than i ever had to b4 then...

he also offered to let me go on a trip to indianapolis in sept for a tradeshow and some races after that.

it'll be good lol

I am just south of Indy like 10 mins.
If you come into town let me know I will take you for a ride in my 91.

Cool... So hows the old SOTP meter feel on the car now since the timing is set? Spin thru 1st 2nd and chirp 3rd? My vert would.

My stroker will flat lay them out in 3rd LOL I love it!

Foxfan88 said:
i graduated this year from high school and this fall i am going to a vocational school for welding, i am also enrolled in an electrical class too.

should be fun. the guy who runs the shop i work at is a SMART DUDE, just one of the really knowledgable guys. he taught college for years and my dad has known him for years. my dad sorta got me hooked up with the job.

i started work there in may. and since then i have noticed my overall mechanical ability to do anything has gotten alot better.

i can just seem to fix things and work with my hands better. and have been exposed to alot more things than i ever had to b4 then...

he also offered to let me go on a trip to indianapolis in sept for a tradeshow and some races after that.

it'll be good lol
your probably not better. you just probably try harder and are willing to try more than you were. i ran into this deal with the computer now it worked into a great job. good luck.

LEARN as much as you can! Always ask questions and NEVER let yourself think something is too difficult!

I have great mechcanical ability. I always have.
Every since I can remember I been poppn my collar.. oh wait....lol...good song btw...:D...Every Since I can remember I have been taking things apart and puting them back together just to see how it works. Working on cars came easily for me, I have never turned down the oppertunity to learn something new on my jobs.I went to school to weld. I can weld,I can do basic Machine shop work on lathes, mills and such. I Love learning new things. I figgure the more I learn the more I will get paid. Seems to be true.

I think you probably have gotten better. you are learning new things.having a good mentor to help you grow and get over your fear of new things is great. keep it up!