Check out my progress on polishing my typhoon mainfold...

Well ive been working on this on and off for the last month or so. I decided i didnt like the look of the ridges that the typhoon has, so i ground them all down smooth. This took a long as time, since the compressor i have is only 26 gallons and cant push the cut off tool and diegrinder hard for a very long period of time.

Its not done yet, what you see here is 220 grit in most spaces, some of it needs to be touched up and i didnt get to a few of the hard to reach areas yet. Im just wondering what you guys think of all the ridges ground down.

typhoon1.jpg

typhoon2.jpg

And yes im using my front bumper as a work bench :D

car_no_bumper.jpg

Heres a couple pics of other polished parts that will be going on the new settup.. I didnt polish these..

strim_headunit.jpg

accufab.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Jesse....Damn, your more ambitious than I...Thats a butt load of work...

I see the cars in 400 pcs.... :D Gonna be ready for the motor work soon???

RC...You really need to lay off the candy...That pic is wack..

Rio - Im just waiting for ed to send out the parts now. Hopefully ill have the heads/rockers/pushrods early next week, and the cam in 2 weeks maybe. He said he put the cam on order (before i sent the money)so it should save some time. No real time frame yet though. Ill let you kno when i get deffinite word from him.

i know what you are going thru i had over a 100 hours in my intake but most of that time was removing the powdercoat , if you can use your palm sander with higher and higher paper like above 600 grit it will make all the polishing go alot easier :nice: good luck !